April 2013 Moms

Telling the grandparents!

Has anyone told the news to their parents or someone close in a special way?! I love the idea of making a sweet memory of it more than just blurting it out! We just told my parents on their 28th anniversarywe signed the card and added "baby bear" on the end and their gift was onesies that said grandma and grandpa on them!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Telling the grandparents!

• The only person I've told was my DH.  He was at work when I got my BFP so I put the test in a frame.  We also have a frame and inside it says "I love you because..."  and I wrote "You made me a mommy!"  I put them both on the table so when he walked in the house it was the first thing he saw.  

I'm excited to tell my parents in two weeks when we'll be visiting them!!  I bought our dog a shirt that says I'm Going to be a Big Sister and she's going to have it on when we get there! 

• My parents are traveling out of state, around 2000 miles away and won't be home until late October/early November. We definitely didn't want to wait that long to tell them, so we told them on the phone. But before we told them I had talked to my Mom earlier in the day and told her we had some pictures from the race we had done the previous weekend.

When we called that evening I told her I would send over the race pictures so she could see them, but instead of race pictures it was a little collage I made. On side was a picture of my DH and I, and the other side was the positive HPT. On the top part of the HPT picture we wrote - GrandDad and GrandMom, can't wait to meet you both in April 2013.

My Mom totally freaked out, in a good way, when she saw the picture because she wasn't suspicious at all and thought it was going to be a picture of DH and I running in a race hehe. I always envisioned telling them in person, but logistically it just didn't work out. I am happy we did the picture though because I think it made the news very memorable and now they have something fun to look at. :)

BFP #1 - EDD 4/18/13 | DS born 5/1/13. 9 lbs. 14 oz., 22 inches long.

BFP #2 - EDD 1/25/16
  • Loading the player...
  • I posted the pics we had taken of ds a few days ago. I made a tshirt I found on pinterest that says "only child expiring April 2013" and had photos taken of ds wearing it. We are giving then to h's fam this weekend, my parents next weekend, and my sister over labor day weekend. That way everyone has a keepsake. We told my bro when he came to babysit last weekend, since he's usually the last to know we figured we would let him be the first :
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • First time around
    Dhi bought a soccer jersey from his favorite team with our last name and the number 1 on the back.

My parentsi went to my mom's house wearing a maternity shirt she wore when she was pregnant with me :

Dh's parents, we just told them.

For my sister, I was babysitting my niece, approximately 18 months at the time, I worked with her all night. I would ask her, "where is auntie's baby?" She pointed to my tummy. It was the best!

This time, I will let ds announce he is going to be a big brother with a shirt.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image imageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm going to tell my parents in a few weeks, once they get back from taking my youngest brother to college. All four of us will be out of the house for the first time! I'm making them a photobook of 'the grandkids' aka my min pins.

The second to last picture will be the dogs in tshirts that say 'I'm going to be a big brother/big sister' and the last one will be my BFP :
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • imageMrsP7309:
    I'm going to tell my parents in a few weeks, once they get back from taking my youngest brother to college. All four of us will be out of the house for the first time! I'm making them a photobook of 'the grandkids' aka my min pins. The second to last picture will be the dogs in tshirts that say 'I'm going to be a big brother/big sister' and the last one will be my BFP :

I love the photobook idea! :)

BFP #1 - EDD 4/18/13 | DS born 5/1/13. 9 lbs. 14 oz., 22 inches long.

BFP #2 - EDD 1/25/16
  • We told my family the day the doctor confirmed it!  We told DH's family a week later... 
    Young and in Love.
    11.07.09 <3<BR> From Hightops to Flatlands: My Blog
    BabyFruit Ticker Labor Buddies! TheSinger & Jennery!
  • I texted my mom a picture of the positive digital test and waited to see how long it would take her to call me.  About 2 seconds!  We aren't really very sentimental or cutesy in my family so I don't think she would really have appreciated anything more special than that.  I love all of the other ideas though! 

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• Our plan is similar to Grace's with the shoe idea. We are going to take a pic of our shoes, with a pair of baby booties in between, and then put them in grandparent frames for our parents to open. 3/4 of them have birthdays in the next two weeks, so it's perfect!

I must say, the fact that I haven't told my mom yet is KILLING ME! Anyone else?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought DD a shirt that says Big Sister.  We're going to tell her first about the new baby in Mommy's belly, and then let her wear her shirt to see the grandparents.  Not very original, but I think they'll get a kick out of it!

My parents live 8 hours away.  We were lucky enough to be visiting them for Thanksgiving to tell them in person for DD.  We'll have to rely on Skype for LO #2.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • ME TOO - my mom and I are really close but we live in Chicago and my parents are in Seattle.... we've got a huge family reunion in two weeks so we decided to wait and tell them all in person.  I want to be able to see her when I tell her, so it's worth it, but it's been REALLY hard not to talk about the pregnancy!!! I've actually been avoiding lots of phone calls, I'm so terrible!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was planning on doing something special, like giving them an "I love Grandma" onesie, but my plans changed when I found out my grandmother was dying just a few days after getting my BFP.

I wanted my grandma to know that I was pregnant before she passed, so I pretty much just walked into her hospital room and said "Grandma, I am pregnant and you are going to be a great-grandmother." Of course my parents heard too and started crying because it was just an emotional day altogether. 

It wasn't how I planned on telling them but I wouldn't trade it for anything. We might do something clever with DH's parents though. 

Started TTC July 2012. Missed m/c & d&c 9/12 11w. Natural m/c 1/13 6w. Chemical pgs 3/13 & 8/13 around 4w. Currently TTA while saving for adoption.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller
  • imageFlamingo86:

I was planning on doing something special, like giving them an "I love Grandma" onesie, but my plans changed when I found out my grandmother was dying just a few days after getting my BFP.

I wanted my grandma to know that I was pregnant before she passed, so I pretty much just walked into her hospital room and said "Grandma, I am pregnant and you are going to be a great-grandmother." Of course my parents heard too and started crying because it was just an emotional day altogether. 

It wasn't how I planned on telling them but I wouldn't trade it for anything. We might do something clever with DH's parents though. 

Pregnancy hormones or not, that story just made me tear up!

• I bought DS a shirt that says "Big Brother" yesterday.  When we are ready to tell, we'll let him wear it to see the grandparents.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't know why but I am getting nervous, we are telling DH's mom on Saturday (it's her bday).  Then on Tues my sister is visiting my parents who live about an hour away so I am going to go up there and tell them all together.  I think I am just nervous telling since I haven't even been to the doctor yet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"