17 Weeks Pregnant

Crampy :-/

I am 17 weeks today, and have been feeling crampy for the past 2 weeks. Went in to the doctor this Monday and he said everything feels fine, but did not check for HB or do an U/S. Anyone else crampy and is this normal??! I am not bleeding or anything out of the norm, besides cramping quite frequently.

Re: Crampy :-/

• These are growing pains. I have had some period like cramping for a couple weeks now, no bleeding. I saw my doctor, she said it was completely normal as long as there is no bleeding. She said the discomfort I am experiencing is just growing pains. No worries, your just fine. You can take tylenol, per my doctor, to relieve some of the discomfort. I would call you doctor and ask her if you should take tylenol before you start taking it. I am not a doctor and am just telling you what my doctor told me. Also, it helps to lay down when you are feeling extra crampy, and atleast for me, laying in a certain position can help relieve some of the crampiness.
  • Flairdecor is correct...i've been feeling the same...what helped ease my mind about it was when a bunch of people on here were talking about RLP and i was like...huh? but I googled it...here is the link i came across

https://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-round-ligament-pain

No problems :) Just growth 

Have a blessed day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had cramps through out my entire first pregnancy... as long as you arent bleeding it is completely normal... not comforable... but normal :)
  • I am at 17 weeks and have been feeling crampy as well.  I constantly feel pressure on the upper part of my abdomen, just below the diaphragm.  Also when I lean over and then stand up straight, I feel major cramping/straining in the lower part of my abdomen.  I'm assuming it is also growing pains and part of the process of baby growing and my body stretching to accomodate it.
  • just growing pains.  I'm having the same problem and also went to the dr. and was told the same thing. Nothing to worry about. Hope everything goes well.  Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have definitely been having a lot of cramps too! Glad I'm not the only one. Doctor said it was ligaments and muscles stretching....makes sense.
  • This is all really helpful. I'm also 17 weeks and have been very crampy. Some stabbing type pains like the RLP but more prolonged and some just achiness. Hopefully just growing pains! We have our 18 week ultrasound coming up so very anxious for that. I did have a weird dizzy spell today. Has anyone had those?
  • I've had the really annoying RLP myself, especially if it's the middle of the night, I'm half asleep, and I decide to hop up out of bed a little too fast. Talk about an unpleasant wake-up call! As for the dizzy spells, Jlmorey, I've had those quite a bit lately. Mine seem to happen most when I'm in stores that have the heavy fluorescent lighting. DH happened to notice that, so he's always RIGHT at my side when we're walking through places like Wal-mart, ToysRUs, etc.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • yes ive been crampy myself the last couple of weeks almost (during my 16th and 17th weeks).... but mostly when i got out into the cold, sometimes just for nothing but im sure theer is nothing to worry about like you all said! 
  • Same thing goes for me with the cramping. Was mildly concerned and brought it up to my doctor at my 16 week check up. Along with telling me that it was completely normal, he also said that staying extra hydrated can really help.
  • I'm definitely crampy and it makes me nervous that its not normal. The cramps are below my belly button and feel like pms cramps :
  • Im 17 weeks pregnant..I've been felling cramps also. My doctor said it's completely normal as long as there is no bleeding. The cramping is just muscles and the uterus streching.
  • Also 17weeks and I get crampy sometimes. I think it's worse if I don't drink enough water or when I've been active all day. I don't think it's anything to worry about as long as its not intense and you have no spotting.
  • I'm so glad I read this post! I too feel what I now know is RLP. Especially when standing from a sitting position, or if I'm too active for too long. I'm so relieved to know its all a normal, crampy tight feeling. Laying down for  bit on my side does make me feel better.
  • I am a teacher and I was walking around the classroom the other day and had a dizzy spell and had to go home. The fluorescent lights definitely make it worse. And I get crampy here and there also. 
  • Drink water. The uterus is a muscle and when feeling dehydrated, can cramp up like any other muscle in your body. It's helped me tremendously to drink a lot of water throughout the day. 
  • I did some research on mine, because I was very crampy up until about a week ago I'm at week 17 now and it turns out, dehydration can lead to cramps!! Just keep a bottle if water handy! It's been helping me immensely!!!
  • I have felt really crampy too... even got worried enough to call my after hours number... the nurse said drink 16 to 20 extra ounces of water. besides growing pains dehydration causes cramps
  • I am having the same symptoms. It feels very much like the cramps when I would have my period...
    Becky A.
  • Thanks so much for sharing this....it's exactly how I feel.  It can get very uncomfortable, I haven't known exactly what to do about it...so thanks, definitely puts me at ease (I thought I would know everything by my 3rd pregnancy, but this is new)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"