September 2012 Moms

CPW: How many children?

CPW: How many children do you hope to have?[Poll]
jack | born 9.13.12 at 40w4d | 9 lbs 12 oz | 23 in

ava | born 7.25.14 via c-s at 39w0d | 8 lb 3 oz | 21.5 in

Re: CPW: How many children?

• I want 3; DH wants 2.

If we have a girl, he says he's done. If we have a boy, he said he's happy to try for a third. 

(I still think that in a few years, even if this one is a girl, I could put on a little cryfest about wanting another baby to complete our family and that he'd probably give in, especially because by then he'd be done with law school and working again) 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've always wanted 3.  Not sure why, but that's always been the number.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image  

• Just two for us.  Mayyyyyybe three.  I like the ratio of 1:1 though.  It seems like that would be enough for us to handle.  
    imageimageimage
  • I need an "undecided" option!  I *think* I want 3 (would really like to adopt our 3rd).  But after I have 2, I may decide that I can't handle a 3rd.

DH thinks we're done at 2...I've tried telling him that he may get overruled.  Somedays I even wonder if I'd go as far as 4....  Probably not though!

• I put 3. But I don't think I would be apposed to 4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We both think we want three. Of course, let's see how it goes with #2 before we say for sure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • my mom was the middle child and so was I!!! I want that middle child 3 for me!! 

• image kelbel527:

I need an "undecided" option!  I *think* I want 3 (would really like to adopt our 3rd).  But after I have 2, I may decide that I can't handle a 3rd.

DH thinks we're done at 2...I've tried telling him that he may get overruled.  Somedays I even wonder if I'd go as far as 4....  Probably not though!

Leaving out the thought of 4, this is me. I'm pretty sure (and voted) that we are done at 2, but I don't want to close the shops up just yet. 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image ajcorbs13:

my mom was the middle child and so was I!!! I want that middle child 3 for me!! 

I am a middle child and I'd like 3 but may stop at 2. We'll play it by ear. Both H and I had odd number of children and it seemed to fit and form our ideal family plans. But again, we'll just see after the 2nd.

Harper Grace 8.31.12

• image Manx4:
    Two & through!

This. We had talked before we had kids at all about having 2-4. Sticking to 2 just seems more practical given that we live in a 3-bedroom house, aren't wealthy and would like to be able to go places and do things as a family and educate our kids, rather than being poor. Besides, I want to keep working and more than two kids in daycare just wouldn't be feasible.

• image Bethevans85:
    I put 3. But I don't think I would be apposed to 4

psst: it's opposed.

• image kelbel527:

I need an "undecided" option!  I *think* I want 3 (would really like to adopt our 3rd).  But after I have 2, I may decide that I can't handle a 3rd.

Added the undecided option for you!

• I selected 2, because that is what I'd really like. My husband has said from the start of us TTC that we'd have "one boy, then twin girls" - and he hasn't been incorrect about anything pregnancy related, so we'll see.

• I picked undecided...this is our first.  Originally, I wanted 2 or 3, but the more we talk about it the more we think it might just make sense for us to only have 1.  That and I have pretty much hated being pregnant....we're not making any decisions yet though, so we'll talk it over again in a couple of years.
  • image Manx4:
    Two & through!

Ditto!  Done after this one! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I voted for 2, I always wanted more, but DH and I agreed on 2. This LO is a boy, and if the next one isn't a girl we will have to readdress the issue and hopefully he will agree to try for a 3rd. If the 3rd was also a boy, we would be done.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Shhh, don't tell DH I voted for three...I think he only wants two, but is open to the idea of one more because he's the third child in his family!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• I have 3 right now, and when this little baby arrives it will be 4.  I love my big family and have always wanted a big family growing up.  This last baby we are having was unexpected but I am so happy nonetheless.  :)  Probably because my mom had 4 kids and I saw her do so well having 4.  Not that I'm any compare to her as a parent though.  I call her crying at least once a week because I'm overwhelmed, but I had mine closer than she had hers so this toddler stage all at once is about to kill me.  I cried last night putting my 3yr old to bed while he was trying to tell me about his day and it just broke my heart that I have been overwhelmed through his tough 3 yr old phases.  I know this is only temporary stages though so eventually they will all be in school and things will be different.  But I want to be a good mom and I enjoy being a mom.  I'm excited to get my tubes tied and Mirena put in after this baby and I'll be able to hold all my babies close without any basketball sized bellies between us and run around and play soccer in the yard with them.  
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • image anitalynn:
    image kelbel527:

Added the undecided option for you!

Thanks!

• I checked 6+! Seriously... I LOVE big families. I'd be just fine with 5 and I have a feeling that is what we'll end up with (you know, assuming it actually is possible), but I would love to have 6 or 7.

And yes, I realize how absolutely ridiculous it sounds to have a FTM say she wants to do this that many more times.

And yes, I'm sorry uterus.

• I wanted 3 and DH wanted 10 (no joke). Since I'm the one who has to give birth we agreed on 4. We have thought about adopting at some point too. I saw my sister with her 3 this past weekend and it kind of scared me. I understand how to handle 2, but adding that third seemed too much. She also has 3 under 4 and that might add to the chaos.
  • image anitalynn:

image Bethevans85:
    I put 3. But I don't think I would be apposed to 4

psst: it's opposed.

haha...oops  I stared at it like "Is this right?" Pregnancy brain or blonde moment.  Two possible excuses...But I swear I know the correct word.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I always wanted three, but after this pregnancy, I might be done. H was always adamant on only having two but now he wants to try for a girl. We agreed to talk about a third baby after this baby nears his 2nd birthday.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I always wanted 4, but I got started a little later in the game (pushing 33 and having baby #1). I think DH and I are pretty set on 2 at this point, but we're open to the idea of a third if it ends up working out, health and $-wise!
  • I picked 4. My son and daughter are already 5 and 6 and they're super close. I want this little girl to have a sibling close in age as well.And I have always wanted a big family. But we'll see if 4 still sounds like a good idea after number 3 gets here!

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Super Chill Baby #4 EDD: 10.01.14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I want 2, but DH says we have to talk about it. He only really wants 1 but is open to the idea of a 2nd. I feel like an only child might be a very lonely child. I'm not willing to settle, ha!

Pregnancy Ticker

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD Due 10.17.14]

• I voted 2. DH wants to keep the option open for 3...i don't think that will ever happen. lol

Daycare is really expensive, we could handle it for 2, but 3? eek.

Resolution Tip: Hurry! Eat as much   food as you can right now so you'll have more to lose once the New Year arrives.

• image cbj09:

I checked 6+! Seriously... I LOVE big families. I'd be just fine with 5 and I have a feeling that is what we'll end up with (you know, assuming it actually is possible), but I would love to have 6 or 7.

And yes, I realize how absolutely ridiculous it sounds to have a FTM say she wants to do this that many more times.

And yes, I'm sorry uterus.

Thank you for having a sense of humor!

But now, serious question - Do you plan to pay for (or help pay for) college for all of these kiddos, or are they on their own? Or do you live in an area with a lower COL, because where would you sleep that many kids? What kind of car will you drive? All of the logistics of big families scare me.

• We'd like to have 3, but we're going to take it child-at-a-time and reassess with every addition to the family.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.