Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

So out of whack after ParaGard removed

My body is doing allllll sorts of weird things. I had my IUD removed last Wednesday and since then, I've had all sorts of ailments. My body is so SORE. From low back pain, to stiff hips, to upper back aches. It sucks! And the headache... Geez. It's been going on for 4 days! Today I actually got a cold sore. I haven't had one of those in over a year. I only ever get them when I'm really sick which I'm not at the moment. What the heck is going on!? Anyone else have similar problems when they had their IUD removed?

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

Re: So out of whack after ParaGard removed

• Options
    I find your symptoms ironic when I look at what your ticker says. Do you want us to point that out and say, "zomg look, its a sign ahhhh" !!!!!! Im kinda laughing you added that in there. 
    I'm hell on heels
  • Options

Actually that is on an auto mode. It's random and states "facts" for whatever day it is on. If you look at my ticker then you would see that I PDO'd before I got the IUD out. So obviously I wouldn't be pregnant at this moment. But thanks for the post? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't gone as far as FF yet. I was just making some tickers the other day and put it up. lol Who would have thought it would have been such an issue! I'll remove it so that way the actual question could be answered.  

• Options
    imagebewilderingstar:

Actually that is on an auto mode. It's random and states "facts" for whatever day it is on. If you look at my ticker then you would see that I PDO'd before I got the IUD out. So obviously I wouldn't be pregnant at this moment. But thanks for the post? 

Then I would get rid of that useless ticker, since it says 8dpo and that you are testing soon. 

I'm hell on heels
  • Options

Thanks Chancie. If we haven't gotten a BFP in a couple of months, we'll start to track everything and temp'ing. I have an app on my phone that does the tracking too. I just haven't felt the need to put it all up on the web yet.

PS

I do solemnly swear to never phish 

• Options
    imagebewilderingstar:

Thanks Chancie. If we haven't gotten a BFP in a couple of months, we'll start to track everything and temp'ing. I have an app on my phone that does the tracking too. I just haven't felt the need to put it all up on the web yet.

PS

I do solemnly swear to never phish 

BewilderingStar-- do you have any other health conditions? Allergies etc.? You could be suffering from a common cold or a combination of things that are not TTC related. You may just notice the discomfort of the symptoms more now because you are paying attention due to TTC. 

Are you doing anything different than before you went off of birth control? For example, are you exercising more regularly or significantly changed your diet?

I would dispense using the applications or anything really other than FF-- they don't really do anything except guess for you. I hope you find some relief from your symptoms soon. Good luck. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imagebewilderingstar:
    My body is doing allllll sorts of weird things. I had my IUD removed last Wednesday and since then, I've had all sorts of ailments. My body is so SORE. From low back pain, to stiff hips, to upper back aches. It sucks! And the headache... Geez. It's been going on for 4 days! Today I actually got a cold sore. I haven't had one of those in over a year. I only ever get them when I'm really sick which I'm not at the moment. What the heck is going on!? Anyone else have similar problems when they had their IUD removed?

I had my Paragard removed this May after 9 years of it in. I had no symptoms at all. In fact my periods are just shorter now, yay!!

I would call your GYN and let them know what's going on, just to be safe. You may have a mild infection. You may also just have the flu or getting a virus of some kind. GL I hope you feel better soon, and maybe it's not related!

• Options
    I had my paragard removed in May. I didn't have any of those symptoms. The only thing that changed for me was my sex drive skyrocketed. My cycles went back to normal right away. I had longer cycles and a longer,heavier period, while on paragard. Now they are back to 29 days with a four day period. It's nonhormonal so you may just be coming down with something or your period is getting ready to come.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had mine removed last month and the only thing I've noticed is a nice, light, 3-day period. Sorry you're having a rough time of things.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Hopefully my body will adjust quickly. And lets hope that I don't have the flu!!

• Options

I JUST got my IUD taken out last Thursday.  I can honestly say there hasn't been a problem (knock on wood).  I even got my period the next day.  Though, I was waiting for it to come around , I had bad cramps and was so fatigued.  I stopped getting my period for the last 3months on the Mirena.

Have you spoken to your GYN? I didn't know there were side effects to getting the IUD taken out...

Grow. Up.
    RME
  • Options
    I had my paraguard removed 2 months ago and my body is still adjusting, to say it mildly. Before my first period, after having it taken out, I had intense flu like symptoms... it was all hormonal. I know the difference, as I am very aware with my body. Even though paraguard is non hormonal, it still affects the body on a cellular level..including messing up your body's normal physiologic, hormonal processes... in a huge way. The lining of the uterus is thinned dramatically with copper iud ( hence the very thin, bloody, hemorrhaging periods), which is why you felt so sick after having it out. Your body was releasing a ton of hormones, mainly progesterone, to re-thicken your uterus. Did you feel pregnant too? This was your body's way of returning to its healthy, normal, functioning state. It's similar to how hormones build in pregnancy that make you feel those 'flu like' symptoms.
    I know some women love paraguard, and that is great!! But it was TOXIC for me to the point where life was becoming unbearable. Everyone's body is different. This is a huge point. Our cells and genetics make us react and function to things put in our bodies in uncountable ways. Some women might not notice anything and some, like me have horror stories. However, every woman must remember that regardless of whether your using any form of iud or birth control, your putting something in your body that's not supposed to be there. In one way or another, the use of any of these will have a negative consequence. I am pro women's rights, but I don't want to see us hurt or end up with cancer bc of this artificial crap. I wouldn't wish it on anyone to go through what I experienced. Now ask yourself, is worth the risk? Condoms aren't so bad, and your not putting your body in harms way. I figured out the hard way that being natural, nothing foreign in your body, is key.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"