Babies: 9 - 12 Months

when do you stop 3 day food testing?

We have been keeping up with one new food for 3 days straight since 6mths their 9mths now, wondering when is it okay to stop the test period for allergies? I meant to ask pedi at their appt but forgot, anyone know? thanks :)
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Born at 38wk 3d

Re: when do you stop 3 day food testing?

• We stopped probably around 7-8 months. We have no allergies on either side of our family, so we weren't too concerned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I was wondering this too. DH and I don't have allergies but I have a few cousins who have a ton but I'm not sure if that really makes a difference since they're not immediate family? I guess I've been a little cautious because of them lol
    ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If your LOs are not showing signs of food sensitivities and food allergies don't run in the family, you can probably stop, since you've introduced them to a wide variety of foods.  But I would still be very aware of what new foods you've tried recently in case something comes up that causes concern.  (i.e.  We stopped doing the 3-day rule around 9 months, but he also got a rash one night shortly thereafter.  It turned out to be viral, but I was glad I knew what he'd eaten recently.)
    Preemie Resources: http://preemiemomblog.blogspot.com/

DD1: BFP July 2010...HG in first tri, MC delivered vaginally at 18 weeks October 2010

DS: BFP December 2011...SCH at 5 weeks, SBR at 7 weeks, Placental Abruption at 13 weeks, Hospitalized at 25 weeks, pPROM at 28 weeks, PTL via CS at 31 weeks 

DD2: BFP January 2013...P17 shots, delivered via VBAC at 39 weeks
  • thanks! we have no allergies on either side also so Im thinking I'll stop but just keep in mind what new food they have just incase any issues turn up. :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Born at 38wk 3d
  • We stopped after maybe a month?  Two?  Anyway, it didn't last long.  Probably though, once we start foods with higher likelyhood of allergies, like eggs, cow's milk, or peanut butter, we'll do the three-day thing for those.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS turns 10 months monday and I have not stopped.  I will not stop until he has had all the foods Pedi said to wait until 12 months to try (seafood, nuts, ect).  There are also foods that DH and I decided to wait on.  

I think of it this way... I will stop when DS has had so many different foods that new foods will be rare so come across.   For example the last time I had some thing truly new to me was in 2008 (I had snails...they were sooo good).  DS has not been exposed to many foods yet and I am always finding new things for him to try.  Our doctor told us that it can take more than one exposure to something to cause a reaction and I for one do not want DS to have a reaction to something and me not know what it was bc I wanting to give him a ton of new things at once.

Some of you may think I'm silly but I don't. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    TCC #1: 12/01/2010
    BFP #1: 2/08/2011--EDD 10/21/2011--Beautiful Baby Boy Born 10/13/2011
    TCC #2 01/01/2012
    Cyst found in left ovary 11/10/2012 during ER visit for serve pain
    Ultrasound conducted on 12/03/2012
    GYN follow up 12/11/12 Suggested another 6 months of TTC before referral to RE around 5/01/2013.
    No need for RE!!!! After 12 months I'm pregnant!
    BFP #2: 1/13/2013 EDD: 09/25/2013
  • We stopped a long time ago. However, DS does have allergies, but when he has a reaction, we know right away.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I live in Canada and the new recommendation here is that unless you have a close family member with allergies, you can introduce a new food each day (they usually react within 3-4 hrs if there is a sensitivity). DD started eating whole eggs at around 6 months, has had pb, berries, fish, etc.

Baby #1: m/c at 5 weeks (2011)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby #3: missed m/c found at 11.5 weeks (2013)
    Baby #4: missed m/c at 10 weeks (2013)
    Baby #5: m/c at 6 weeks (2014)

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards