Attachment Parenting
Options

Sleep lady sleep shuffle...

LO is now a little over eight months  and still wakes up 3-4x per night.  He reduced it to 2x per night for a while, but that is the treat we have had since birth.  He was cosleeping until a few months ago.  Now we have our crib side carred and slide the rail across after he is asleep for safety reasons. (he can stand now).

I am starting to feel desperate for longer periods of sleep and he still will not go back to sleep without nursing and as of latey he won't even go to sleep for DH.   A thinking about starting the sleep shuffle within this month but it mostly I talks about transferring a baby to his own room.  I am not sure we are ready for this.  I was just hoping to get him used to his crib and try to teach him to go to sleep on his own without CIO. I wasn't even considering this, but the other day at daycare they said he went to sleep by himself in the pack n play without crying. Miracle! It made me think maybe I should start trying to do this at home once in a while.  The other day I left him in his crib for about 45 min without sleeping.  Any time I peeked in on him, f he saw me, he would escalate.

Would love to hear some thoughts from other AP moms about this.

I think we would all sleep better and deeper if LO was able to sleep in his crib. Right now I am transferring him to his crib when asleep after nursing him to sleep. I need more than 3-4 hours of consecutive sleep! I work in an ER and I am afraid I am going to hurt someone! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleep lady sleep shuffle...

• Options

Now that I am reading this over, I am realizing how disjointed my thoughts are.  Also, sorry about typos..iPad!

Long story short, I want to transfer LO to a crib in our room in hopes to get longer periods of sleep.  I would also like to start teaching him how to fall asleep without nursing. Sleep lady sleep shuffle seems like a good idea, but it relates more to transferring a child to his own room.

LO is escalating and won't go to sleep for DH, which is a problem since I get home from work at midnight.

Ideas??

He is taking solids, but that hasn't seemed to make him sleep longer. I think it is because he doesn't know how to put himself back to sleep. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think the Sleep Lady Shuffle is pretty AP-friendly. Try it out and see how it goes if you're ready to change something.

No-Cry had some good ideas, but really... I can't say anything in there helped me much.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetokenhoser:

I think the Sleep Lady Shuffle is pretty AP-friendly. Try it out and see how it goes if you're ready to change something.

No-Cry had some good ideas, but really... I can't say anything in there helped me much.

This. We used the SLS for the first time when DS was about 9 mo old because the pedi we were seeing and whom we adored recommended it. It really helped with DS's sleep issues, and I've referred to it a few times since when we've hit a rough patch. I also read NCSS, but I didn't find it very useful. 

Natural hospital birthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, Baby Led Weaning, milk donating, extended breastfeeding, fully vaxing, extended rear facing SAHM to:
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We recently used the Sleep Lady.  My child is 19 months old though.  I wanted him out of my bed and into his own.  In the end, the shuffle did help him sleep longer.  He is only waking up once per night now.  Our final solution was that when he wakes, he can come sleep on a floor mat next to our bed and there he *usually* stays until morning.  Sometimes he still ends up in our bed or wakes up and thinks it's playtime, etc.  It's not perfect by any means.  BUT we are getting a lot more sleep and going back to sleep in the middle of the night is MUCH better.  Of course, my kiddo has been night weaned for over a year at this point though.  I think it might be tougher if you are still nursing at night to do the sleep lady routine.  During this process, we also bought black out curtains for his room, which also made a big difference.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"