April 2012 Moms
Options

Help! Waking up at night again....

Ok, I thought we were finished with this. We ALREADY went through the 2-3 hour wakings all night. Last 2 nights, DD2 has been up 2-3 times a night! I don't know what is going on. She is also eating A LOT less during the day. I get that they become more distracted during the day and forget they need to eat, but how long does this last? She is up more now than when she was a newborn. She already goes to sleep drowsy, but awake.

I miss my sleep....any tips?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help! Waking up at night again....

• Options
    Could be a growing spurt.  My pedi said its common for midnight feedings until about 6 months, so who knows how long these types of nights will last.  Evie mainly sleeps through the night 5 days out of 7.  Sometimes she's up at midnight and then again at 2 or 3.  Sometimes she will sleep from 10pm until 6am without even waking once.  Sorry I don't have any tips, just kinda feel ya here.  Hope more sleep comes your way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm up right now and probably will be in 3 hours again. It sucks, but I'm just telling myself this could be the norm for a little while with all this distracted day eating, and then the good sleep nights are nice surprises. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are back to waking every 2-3 hours and sometimes more. I more or less feel it's his job to be this way. They've gotta grow so who are we to stop them from doing what they need to do so? Sometimes I have to tell myself that when I feel insane from no sleep. Also, it's became pretty evident to me that no baby will STTN "for good" for a loooong time. Even as adults I'm sure weve all struggled a time or two atleast. I think the best thing to do is take it in stride. Take each waking as it comes and try not to focus on it too much. This stage will soon pass. GL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well said eav2c Yes. DS woke every 2-3 hours to eat until 8 months old and then knocked it down to 3 times a night until 14 months, 2 times until 18 months, then one time until 23 months. He still wakes up but he's in a twin bed and can get out to do whatever. Monday morning at 4 am I woke up to DS crawling on me. My nursing chair is next to the bed and he uses that to get into our bed. He just didn't realize my head was right there. Something was terrible as he face.planted me and stayed there until it was time for me to get up. We cut out milk at 12 months and gave him a sippy of water, which he still gets nightly.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • Options

Its hard and exhausting, especially when somehow our bodies get used to a little more sleep. However I often tell patients and friends that just because they STTN for a bit doesn't mean they always will. Their needs are constantly changing. THey are growing and changing and we are here to support them.

Distracted day time nursing can definetly cause these new wakings.

We are going thru similar its very inconsistent some nights she will STTN other times she's up multiple times and not just comfort nursing actually eating. My DS was similar until a year.

• Options
    No solutions, but we're back to this, too. DD was sleeping 10-11 hours straight with waking 2 or 3 times a week in the MOTN. Now she's up an hour after to eat again, fights sleep, and is up earlier in the morning and doesn't want to go back to sleep. I've read about the 4 month sleep regression... no solutions; just says it's due to developmental leaps, teething, growth spurt or other. Good Luck to us all!
  • Options

We had a few glorious weeks of STTN (and like 10-12 hours of STTN at that!) and then about a week before DS turned 4 months it went bye-bye.

I'm just soldiering through until 6 months and we can Ferber or do some other type of sleep training. For now, I'm feeding him at night unless it's been less than two hours since he's last eaten.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"