September 2012 Moms
Options

Vag Ice Packs

Anyone know of a brand for this? I heard that they are fantastic to have, but I cannot find them on amazon... Trying to find them so I can just place one amazon order and not a billion. Any tips?!
imageimageimageimage
Www.facebook.com/milebymiles

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Vag Ice Packs

• Options
    My hospital wet pampers newborn diaper and froze them. They were AWESOME.
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageLilLee11:

Large maxi pads with a bit of water and then frozen work great too.  Just don't super soak them.... Think fine mist! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My hospital actually took newborn pampers and slit open the lining on one end, then filled with ice (it doesn't take much). Slip the whole thing in your drawers and as the ice melts the diaper absorbs the liquid. No pre-freezing required and I could have a nice chilly nether region in a matter of moments. I highly recommend this method. :o)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

These are The brand on amazon:

Dynarex 4515 Perineal Instant Cold Pack w/self adhesive strip, 12" x 4.5" - Case of 24

For $40
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I was given the cold pack pads in the hospital (and they were awesome) but they could only send a couple of them home with me, so they told me at home to fill rubber gloves with crushed ice and use those. We had a cheap blender and DH burned out the motor after crushing ice with it for a couple of days! (We replaced the blender with a heavy-duty model and it works much better...makes good smoothies, too!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageTarta:
    My hospital actually took newborn pampers and slit open the lining on one end, then filled with ice (it doesn't take much). Slip the whole thing in your drawers and as the ice melts the diaper absorbs the liquid. No pre-freezing required and I could have a nice chilly nether region in a matter of moments. I highly recommend this method. :o)

This. I kept requesting the diaper ice packs in the hospital practically on the hour-- they're heaven to a sore, stitched vag. 

BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

imageLilLee11:

This

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageTarta:

My hospital did this too.  They showed DH how to do it so he could get them for me when I needed them.  By the time I got home I didn't need them anymore though.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

If you wet pads with witch hazel & then freeze them, they will make great ice packs. 

My hospital sent me home with ice packs & Tucks, so I was covered. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was given a bunch from the hospital.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The hospital here cuts you off before you go home. I have never really had a bad tear (see siggy badge) but, I was usually ok by the time I got home. I do have a secret love affair with the water bottle though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"