Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

11 month old vomitting after eating formula

Hello!

I'm a long time lurker that is coming out of the shadows to ask for advise. I have been following these boards since I found out I was pregnant, and the knowledge I have found has been invaluable.

My son is 11 months old and the past few days he has been vomiting up his night time bottle of formula. He has been weaning himself off formula for about a month now and has completely refused his afternoon bottle. He is currently drinking 3 8 oz bottles (approx 7 am, 2pm & 7pm) He is also eating table solids of breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper. He does not vomit at all during these times, its only been his night time bottle.

Has anyone been through this? He has been to the pediatrician, and he suggested switching over to WCM, as he is getting enough nutrients through lsolids. I'm ok with doing this, but I thought I would try and get advise if others have been thru this and had any explainations. He does not have reflux any symptoms other than vomiting. TIA!

Re: 11 month old vomitting after eating formula

• Options

Is he vomitting in the morning or straight after the bottle? is it all liquid or does it look like he is getting up chunkc pf old formula. My daughter was around 5 months and never showed any issues at all of reflux or milk protein allergy and then out of nowhere for 1 solid week she started to vomit right after her morning bottle. After the second day we realized she was throwing up chucnks of congealed formula. Dr thought it was either silent reflux that started to act up or milk allergy. We switched her formula and started zantac. She is no longer on zantac but still on her formula and we never had another incident again. The dr told us that sometimes the babies can just have a reflux flare up. Maybe switching to the HCM might be the way to go. If it is indeed the start of an allergy then you will know right away.

PS my daughter would only vomit that one time and go the rest of the day eating and drinking without any issues.

• Options
    Thank you so much for the advise! I haven't had access to a computer until now, so I couldn't reply earlier. I think I will slowly transition him to WCM and see how he does.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"