3rd Trimester

Items for YOU for hospital and at home "pampering"?

I've been trying to think of some things to make myself comfortable at the hospital and also at home after delivery.  I've gotten some fuzzy socks, bath salts for soaks (my hospital recommends lavendar baths to heal), plan to get some comfy pj's/yoga pants to lounge in, and was planning on some good coffee (usually I just drink folgers).  Any others thoughts? 

Re: Items for YOU for hospital and at home "pampering"?

• A good pillow with a soft (non-white) pillow case.  Hospital pillows suck and having my own made me much more comfortable during our stay.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image alicia_nr:
    I've been trying to think of some things to make myself comfortable at the hospital and also at home after delivery.  I've gotten some fuzzy socks, bath salts for soaks (my hospital recommends lavendar baths to heal), plan to get some comfy pj's/yoga pants to lounge in, and was planning on some good coffee (usually I just drink folgers).  Any others thoughts? 

I've started doing the same. For home I also stocked up on soft toilet paper (funny what I'm now considering pampering) and paper plates/paper cups so that I don't have to do dishes. Also, I got 2 bottles of dry shampoo to spray in my hair so even if I don't have time to shower on schedule I won't look a hot mess. 

• This may sound silly, but a kindle was the item I got for myself.  With DD I found that I was desperately trying to read a book or magazine when it was breast feeding time and there was no way to really hold the book.  With a Kindle (or whatever ereader) you only need one hand.  Brilliant!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Great idea! I hope you get to use them! In my experience delivery was so quick I didn't even have time to change into a hospital gown. When I got home all the " pampering" I got & looked forward to was eating, taking a shower, good coffee (excellent) & a comfy chair . If you don't have a rocker/recliner I would suggest thinking about getting one. Baby sleeps & you sleep!!
    imageimage
    imageimage

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • image mlf625:
    A good pillow with a soft (non-white) pillow case.  Hospital pillows suck and having my own made me much more comfortable during our stay.

Do not bring your pillow to the hospital unless you plan on throwing it out on your way out. They have had breakouts of bed bugs and such in hospitals and you wouldn't want to bring that home! Just deal with the lumpy, flat hospital pillow and dream about sleeping in your own bed. It is, afterall, only 2 nights in the hospital, and you will be so exhausted you will sleep.

For when you get home, stock up on witch hazel pads. They help ease the swelling.  Maybe an eye pillow, so you can nap when baby does.

imageimageimage

• I packed a really nice eye mask for the hospital, even if I don't really sleep I think it might just help me to relax when LO is sleeping. I also bought a cute nursing gown and robe set to wear at the hospital afterwards, so I could feel somewhat pretty when we have visitors. As far as at-home pampering, my DH is taking 2 weeks off. I'll take it!
    imageimage

• I agree with the kindle! My DH surprised me with one right before DS was born and I used/use it soooo much. But those first few weeks of breastfeeding I went through tons and tons of books! I thought I wouldn't like it, but it's so comfortable and light!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've already packed the yummiest, biggest, fluffiest towel I own. Looking forward to a little comfort after I shower and not risking being stuck with sandpaper towels :D
  • check out this blog post about what to bring,  its good and informative!

enjoy!

joyce@mazelabs.com www.mazecordblood.com
  • If you plan on breastfeeding, you'll want either nursing tank tops to sleep in or nursing sleep bras + nursing-friendly pajama tops.

I had sleep bras but no pajama tops that allowed for nursing access and ended up sleeping in cardigan sweaters for the first few nights- it was miserable.

• Newt69Newt69
    1000 Comments 100 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper

image alicia_nr:

get yourself a KUERIG....i love mine and can't wait to use mine again. Coffee on demand=pure happiness in my world

• image eceipretsam:

image mlf625:
    A good pillow with a soft (non-white) pillow case.  Hospital pillows suck and having my own made me much more comfortable during our stay.

Do not bring your pillow to the hospital unless you plan on throwing it out on your way out. They have had breakouts of bed bugs and such in hospitals and you wouldn't want to bring that home! Just deal with the lumpy, flat hospital pillow and dream about sleeping in your own bed. It is, afterall, only 2 nights in the hospital, and you will be so exhausted you will sleep.

For when you get home, stock up on witch hazel pads. They help ease the swelling.  Maybe an eye pillow, so you can nap when baby does.

This exactly.  It isnt bed bugs I'm worried about, but nasty nasty germs.  I have a very old pillow I was going to throw away a few months ago and decided to keep it and toss it after my hospital stay.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Lotion!  It was just a little something extra that made me feel good and a little closer to normal.  Plus, while laboring I had MH rub my feet with the lotion and it helped me relax a ton
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jw87jw87 member
    Last time I got myself a nice robe and super comfy slippers for the hospital.  I threw the slippers away though before we left because they were super gross from the floors.  I loved having them though! 

So far, I've purchased preparation H, tucks, pads, washable breast pads... lol.  Thrilling right?  I plan on getting a pedi soon to treat myself so I can have pretty toes in the hospital :)
    [center]image[/center]

Wife.

Mama to Jack & Jude.

Photographer.

http://oliviaiamstilllearning.blogspot.com/

• image LindsayB8469:

image alicia_nr:

get yourself a KUERIG....i love mine and can't wait to use mine again. Coffee on demand=pure happiness in my world

Love love love my Kuerig! And Lindsay, may I add that you and your hubs are an adorable bride & groom! 

Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • I got some really cute jammies and a robe to wear at the hospital. I'll probably bring sweats and a tank top, a sweater and good warm socks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary