August 2012 Moms

Soft cervix?

So, at my check-up yesterday, my midwife told me that my cervix was completely soft, though I'm only at 1cm.  Do any of you know if my cervix already being completely soft is any indication of when I might deliver?  I know it's a good thing to have going into labor, but I just wasn't sure if this meant that it was likely to happen earlier as opposed to later?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Soft cervix?

• It is better than having a rock hard cervix, but it could still be weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• I was told at my appointment yesterday that I am softening but I am not dialated at all yet.  I was kind of curious what exactly that meant.   
  • Loading the player...
  • I think a soft cervix is kind of the start of your body getting ready.  I was a finger tip dialated with a very soft cervix at my 35 weeks appt.  With my son I was soft and a finger tip at my 36 w appt. and delivered him 6 days later.  There is just no telling when you will go or how long you will be.  It just means your body is getting ready. 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had a soft cervix since 30 wks. It's common for women who have vaginally delivered previously. Unfortunately nothing to get excited about, at least in my case. 
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• I've been soft and 80% effaced for 2 weeks now but no signs of labor yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"