16 Weeks Pregnant

Anyone Not Feeling "Pregnant"?

I'm 16 weeks today, and I keep looking at all of these Bumpie pictures, and everyone is getting a "bump" or having to start buying maternity clothes, and the pregnancy books all say you should start to show around this time. This baby is my first, and no one has told me that it's bad that I haven't gained weight, but everyone keeps saying, "You're not showing at all." I'm small, so I expected to have more weight on me by now. I guess I'm just worried... Any advice?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #1 - DD conceived April 2012, born January 10, 2013 
BFP #2 - DS conceived March 2013, born December 20, 2013
Two babies, 11 months apart! We're in for a ride!

Re: Anyone Not Feeling "Pregnant"?

• I looked at all those pictures as well and I felt discouraged at first.  This is also my first baby, I'm 5'2 (small frame) and not showing yet either!  Not to worry!!!  I went to my 16 week checkup today and the doctor said that everything was fine.  As long as you're eating healthy and keeping active, your baby should be developing normally.  I'm sure you've head this before, but, everyone is different!

Hang in there!  I'm with you...   :) 

pb&jackie
  • I am also 16 weeks today, 5'2 and pre-pregnancy weight of 100lbs. Somedays I look like I'm showing, others I have a bowel movement and just look fat. But that's normal. I Image Googled "16 Weeks pregnant bump" and saw some small bumps and some BIG bumps, that put my mind at ease. I looked like some of the pregos and was thankful that I didn't look like some ;)  (YET!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Not to worry, I'm also very tiny and with my first pregnancy I didn't show until almost 7 months! I'm pregnant with my second and 16 weeks and have lost 10 pounds but have yet to gain weight or start to show... everyone's different, hang in there!
  • i'm with u, 16 weeks today and i have just a golf sized bulge, no1 can see.
  • I am the same as all the above. At the end of my 16th week and peeps keep saying to me, 'when are you going to look pregnant?' I have also lost weight since my weigh in at 12 weeks but speaking to mothers I know (older and young) they keep saying to me, 'everyone is different, you are doing all the right things, it will happen.' It is also my first so I am just telling myself that it will come and all is good.
  • Reading all these responses makes me feel a lot better. I'm in the same situation. This is my first baby as well. I know not to compare to others, but as women I guess we always do! Thank you again!
  • Not showing now has it's advantages in the end. Your flabby after baby belly will dissapear faster thanks to those "hold it together" abs.

Lisa
  • I feel a little bit like you, except everyone keeps saying things like just wait until you can't see your feet...LOL congrads!!!
  • I am at 16 weeks with my second. I started showing at 10 weeks, but I didn't start showing with my first until I was a little past 5 months. I have a small frame as well and at the end I was 40in around. Don't worry you will show soon enough.
  • i kno this is an older post but im hoping im not the only one going thru this right now, im 16 weeks and1 day and i im so worried bcuz i dont feel pregnant at all, ive only gained 2 pounds and i dont have a big bump yet :( i hate still worrying
  • I'm the same way.  I have a small frame normally and while I'm 16 weeks, I hardly look it.  (People are shocked when I tell them how far along I am).  I've only gained a couple pounds the entire pregnancy so far and have actually lost some weight since a few weeks ago, but everything is fine.  First timers especially may not show for a while!
  • I am showing but don't feel pregnant. My boobs haven't grown @ all & I would really like them to in order to balance out my bump!  Anyone else not having a change in their boobs? I feel cheated but glad I otherwise feel the same as not pregnant.
  • nice to know I'm not the only one. My weight hasn't changed much, but I have had to increase my bra size (2 bands), and my hips are bigger. I did gain some weight during month 2, because of food cravings (french fries all day), but my lack of appetite and many trips to the washroom in month 3 made me lose the weight. I have a few pants that are a couple sizes bigger than my pre-pregnancy size, which is good, and I found some maternity pants at old navy that are comfy. The band doesn't go all the way up, which I find to be uncomfortable (saving those for when my belly is big).

• I am 16 weeks tomorrow and still havn't seen much change in my boobs either. The doctor says it's ok and all women are different. He said it won't affect the ability to breast feed. I am smaller normally and was really hoping to get bigger. People keep telling me to just wait and they will when they fill with milk. Hang in there!
  • This is my first pregnancy and much like the rest of you, I'm not showing either. I'm fairly tall though, being 5'7". My prepregnancy weight was 145. I read an article somewhere saying that if you are active prepregnancy, you're muscles are more firm and don't relax as easy. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing...

• This is my 2nd pregnancy. My first born was 9lbs at birth and I gained a total of 71 lbs! I think the reason im not feeling preggo yet is b/c my 1st pregnancy which was 3 years ago, stretched me out so much that this baby has so much room to grow in i prob won't start showing for another 4 months!
  • It is true ;) with my first son I was an "a" cup and after I had him the filled up to a "c" cup.   
  • I also feel like the 16 week bump photos look bigger than mine is. Its a little sad because I wanna see that bump! My friends said they noticed that my boobs are bigger (they are right), but not so much of a bump yet... I guess we will just have to wait :)
  • This is my 4th baby and with my first 2 (girls) I didn't gain any real weight until 6th months. Most of my gain was in the last 3 months and I actually gained 50lbs total with each. Both my girls came out very healthy and I lost the weight quickly. This time I actually have a bump at 16 weeks that showed up around 10 weeks. I think the faster we gain the higher chance that a lot of the weight is not baby gain. As long as the doctor gives you a good report, be happy that your not letting the weight get crazy out of control. Eat regular, take the vitamins and drink plenty of water or Gatorade. Remain active and always keep in mind, you want to be a healthy mom so be active to balance yourself out. All that excess weight isn't always a good thing. 
  • I'm 5'9" and I still look like I'm just putting on some weight, no bump. But as long as I know, and my husband knows, we're ok. I started to feel baby kick, so no worries. Everyone is different, and it sounds like you're carrying really well. With my first child, I was nine months pregnant and a five month pregnant woman was twice my size. It's just a fun little spin from mother nature :)
  • I am 16w and I just look like I've eaten too much. I am 5'4" and pre prego 125 lb. this is my third. Noone can tell I am prego by looking at me. I've lost 10 pound and slowly gained back about two or three so far since I'm no longer having ms all the time. I still don't wear mat clothes. The time will come soon enough.
  • I'm on baby number 2 and i don't feel pregnant, i found out i was expecting at 4 to 5 weeks so it feels like i've been pregnant ages. Totally fed up but 2 days ago felt baby move so finally it feels real even though you can't see it yet, so don't worry you'll soon show x
  • I honesty wake up most mornings and think am I seriously pregnant or was I dreaming!! I was HORRIBLY sick the first three/four months and now I'm better thank The Lord but now I feel like nothing is going on! Despite the hormones and French fry cravings!! Eek. Glad I'm not the only one! Congrats all!!
  • Some women do not show until very late in pregnancy. You may have to be patient and enjoy the comfort and freedom that comes with being small.
  • Don't worry Kyrsties. I am sixteen weeks yesterday and I haven't gained any weight. My tummy basically looks (to me) like I had a big lunch and no one would ever guess I am pregnant. All of my favorite jeans still fit and i still feel totally comfortable in my tiniest bikini. Everyone is soooooo very different when it comes to how and when they begin to show. This is my first but anyone whom I have talked to has said the same thing...you can't compare yourself to anyone else because pregnancy is unique to each of us. 

I totally understand the way that you feel and I personally am really looking forward to showing off my baby bump. All in good time. Stay healthy and positive. Everything's going to be fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"