Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Red Bumps on legs, face, arms

I took our LO to the Pedi a week ago to see about these strange red bumps that are starting to appear on his face, arms, and legs. Our Dr. dismissed it as an airborne virus that is common with babies and kids. I can't remember ever seeing those bumps on other babies. 

He said it wasn't flea bites or chicken pox but something tells me that something is either biting him or he might be having an reaction to something. For now we have been putting some Cortisone cream on them and oh yea the Dr. seems to think the bumps will go away on their own in about 10 days.

Anybody ever see this on your LO? 

Re: Red Bumps on legs, face, arms

• Did he think it was Roseolla? I'd never heard of it until The Bump, but it's really common. Has your LO had a fever? I think they usually have a fever and then get the rash. Or is it hives? Or Keratosis Pilaris? DD1 has KP, but CA Baby Calendula Cream practically makes it disappear.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Could it be heat rash?  Is baby fussy at all?

DD had some rash/bumps on her torso and arms and legs.  We took her to see the nurse practitioner who ruled out strep (apparently the virus can make a baby get a rash).  DD was not fussy at all, not itchy and had no fever.  It was very hot during this time.  We stopped using lotion and it cleared up in a couple of days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD recently had a virus which caused red blotchy rash and a low fever 99.9 highest was 100.6 The rash started on her back and face, then went down to her trunk, and the down to legs. It took about 3 days before it was all gone.

•  My LO had a virus that causes a red rash all over. I gave him allergy meds and went away. And came back, for about 3 days like PP said. Nothing we could do. But if it looks like bites idk? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Could it be hand, foot and mouth?  Did your LO also have a fever?  Unfortunately my little one was around my SIL before we knew she had hand foot & mouth disease.  My little guy had a fever for a few days and then got bumps and some things that looked like blisters on his feet. 

Dr. said it was super contagious and was going around like crazy right now.  Its a virus so nothing they can do with for it.  Just needs to run its course. 

• He had no fever and wasn't unusually fussy so I have no clue. It could very well have something to do with the weather as its been hot as all get out lately!
  • My LO has Roseola right now.  It started with 3 days of fever, then the fever broke and within 3 hours she had a red, pinpoint rash on her abdomen and chest that has since spread to her back, face and arms.  The dr said its not supposed to be an itchy rash but my poor baby keeps rubbing at the rash on her forehead, then screams for about a minute after. I just want this virus to piss off and leave my poor pumpkin alone.  I miss her smiles.  She has been miserable since Friday 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"