November 2011 Moms
Options

Back to crib

My LO slept in his crib since he was 2 1/2 months. His schedule drastically changed and he started sleeping in the bed with us. We dont mind cosleeping but realize that it may be best to try and get him back to the crib. I do not want to let him CIO. He almost never goes to sleep by himself, meaning he is usually laying with someone. Just curious if anyone had any tips? We were just transferring him before and he would stay in the crib when he slept through the night before. Thanks

Re: Back to crib

• Options

I don't have any advice, but I would love to hear some! We are bedsharing, but I think in the next few months we will be transitioning to crib in our room just because it will become unsafe when he gets really mobile.

I am not interested in CIO either.  RIght now we are just trying to make small steps. The crib is side carred and we have the front rail of the crib come up after he's asleep so that he doesn't fall out.  Lately I've been trying to get him to sleep by simply laying with him but not nursing him.  Once that becomes the majority, I'll try to lay there with the rail up, not touching and see how it works....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I transitioned DS to the crib at 8 weeks and DD at 8 months.  Neither was a big deal, but what we tend to do is rock completely to sleep, lay her down in the crib and then bring her back to bed with us at the first wakeup

I would just try it and see how it goes.  If he has a hard time you might put a mattress on the floor next to the crib and sleep next to him while he's adjusting

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"