3rd Trimester
Options

Hemorrhoids :(

I posted last week that I think I have developed hemorrhoids.  They showed up on Wednesday and the first couple of days were really painful, as in putting me in tears painful.  Then the weekend came and I had more time to actually follow the steps I've read everywhere to get relief.  I did the sitz bath multiple times a day, have been using tucks pads regularly, stopped taking my iron supplement and started taking a fiber supplement.  The pain went away but not the actual hemorrhoids.  Now today, being at work for only a couple of hours and not able to do the sitz bath or the tucks or anything and the pain is back.

Please, someone tell me how to get rid of these.  I don't want relief I want them gone!!  Every thing I've read on the internet only says how to relieve them, nothing mentions them going away.  DH has been gone for 2 weeks and finally comes back at the end of the week and I'm so embarrassed.  It's already a struggle for me to have sex with how self conscious I feel with all my weight gain and now this?  I just want to cry :(  I have an OB appointment tomorrow and I swear...if the Dr. tries to just tell me it's just another pregnancy thing or tells me to do what I've already been doing I am going to burst into tears.  I'm crying at the thought!

Am I stuck with these until after this baby comes out or will they go away before then?  If anyone has been through this please tell me when or how they go away.  I can't take this anymore :(

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hemorrhoids :(

• Options
    I didn't get any until I was in labor. Apparently when I thought I had to poop (TMI i get it) I was actually blowing up hemmerhoids! They were huge and stayed with me for about three weeks, then I woke up one morning and they vanished. Talk about strange when I had one the size of a marble and the next morning it was gone. I did the tux pads and a hemmerhoid ointment. I just blobbed the ointment on the pad and stuck it to  the damned thing and left it. I changed it and repeated the task a few times a day. Every once and awhile if I strain while making a bm, they kind of inflate again. So I guess once you get them and they go away, sometimes they inflate again. Sooooo, they are totally annoying. I think I had pain to them right after pregnancy but I can't really remember because everything in my crotch area was throbbing. Nowadays they pop up now and again and they might hurt a little, but not harsh like you are describing.
  • Options
    I think the one that I have may be thrombosed (a blood clot) which is making it hurt worse.  It is really hard to the touch, like it is going to burst.  I'm thinking about calling my OB and seeing if I should go in today instead of tomorrow.  This sucks.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You wont want to hear this....

They do not go away. Ever. Once you have them you have them forever. ;( 

I got them from labor/delivery with DD1 and they have never gone away, three years later. Im told by many medical professionals that this is to be expected. The symptoms associated with them get better or worse and as you've found, you can do a variety of things to manage them, but the actual hemi will always be there and, sorry, your rear will never look the same again. 

Ive heard that you can have surgery to "Remove" them (they are really a type of hernia so the surgery kind of tucks them back in so to speak) but there are often bleeding complications so many drs will only suggest surgery in absolute extreme cases. 

Im sorry. They suck, I know.

I guess the silver lining is that VERY few people will  ever see your hemis and those people are likely medical professionals for whom hemis are no big deal, or your husband who should have more respect for you than to be outraged at your funny looking butthole after you carried and birthed his child. ;P

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekross605:

You wont want to hear this....

They do not go away. Ever. Once you have them you have them forever. ;( 

I got them from labor/delivery with DD1 and they have never gone away, three years later. Im told by many medical professionals that this is to be expected. The symptoms associated with them get better or worse and as you've found, you can do a variety of things to manage them, but the actual hemi will always be there and, sorry, your rear will never look the same again. 

Ive heard that you can have surgery to "Remove" them (they are really a type of hernia so the surgery kind of tucks them back in so to speak) but there are often bleeding complications so many drs will only suggest surgery in absolute extreme cases. 

Im sorry. They suck, I know.

I guess the silver lining is that VERY few people will  ever see your hemis and those people are likely medical professionals for whom hemis are no big deal, or your husband who should have more respect for you than to be outraged at your funny looking butthole after you carried and birthed his child. ;P

This - I have had three procedures to help (there is a process called rubber banding) which is an out patient procedure to help.  It has made things much better but I am dreading everything coming back with having this baby.  I have been told by several doctors that it just comes with the territory of having kids and falls under the category of "things no one will tell you about."  Talk to your doctor about how to get relief but they might not actually go away.

• Options
    Do you mean they won't ever go away as in there will be skin tags left over or that they just resurface and retract, or that I will forever have these bubbles there?  I'm just so confused by all of this.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

You won't have symptoms all the time but some hemorrhoids will actually not go away ever without surgery.  It depends on how large they were but I got mine from labor and a vaginal delivery with DD and they still flare up here and there.  They are much better now and I hardly have symptoms due to the procedures I had but they are not gone and it's been over 5 years.  The more kids you have the worse things are likely to get.  It sucks basically! 

It's funny I actually confessed to one of my friends about this and she was so grateful to hear she wasn't the only one.  It turns out she had lived to years with this and just was too chicken to say anything. 

• Options

imageRhenna:
    Do you mean they won't ever go away as in there will be skin tags left over or that they just resurface and retract, or that I will forever have these bubbles there?  I'm just so confused by all of this.

It depends how bad they are.

If you have minor hemis, they will likely resurface and retract off and on forever so both the symptoms and the visual "bubbles" you talk about will come and go.

If you have them badly (like I do) the symptoms will come and go but the "bubbles" will remain forever whether they happen to hurt at the time or not.

However, whether you have them minorly or majorly, you will always be more prone to getting them and it will take less to trigger a "flare up" for you than it would for a person thats never had them. 

So basically, do what you can to treat them and wait and see what happens. Thats all you can do.  You really have no control over whether they disappear or not, it just depends how serious they are.

• Options
    I just got my first hemi at about 33 wks and I asked my doctor if it would go away he said no. He said it will actually get worse when it comes time to push the baby out. Apparently some go back in after birth and some stay. I have one so far and I think it's from all the pressure of the baby bc my bowel movements have never been painful. It sucks! I am just praying that mine will go back in a few wks after birth. I use tucks not sure if it helps. Good luck! Hope yours goes away'
    TTC since 06/2010 HSG-clear,SA-good DX:Unexplained IUI#1-(May) 100mg of clomid +trigger + progerstrone supp=BFN IUlI#2-(June) 100mg of clomide+trigger+progesterone supp=BFN JuLy Break for vaca. IUI#3 (Aug) 100mg of clomid+trigger+progesterone=BFN IVF trial started in Oct-Nov ER-15 Retrieved, 13 mature, 11 fertilized. 5dt on 11-15-11 Beta #1 9dp 5dt= 107 Beta#2 331 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I get them really bad. Ive even had my dr prescribe me hemroid cream and suppositories but nothing really helps but time. Try pushing them back inside you, this will relieve the pain INSTANTLY. Sounds gross but do it. Mine went away but i take fiber gummies every single day now cause im scared to death of getting them again (Ive had them 4 times with this pregnancy).  Also get some witch hazel pads and put them in the freezer to freeze them and then put them on the hemroids and lay down until it unfreezes. Makes them feel better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"