Infertility

IVF Infertility Meds Injections, Does anyone want to sell??

2»

Re: IVF Infertility Meds Injections, Does anyone want to sell??

• I think it's important to note that Carebear, in other unrelated posts, has made some terribly inappropriate, insensitive and cruel comments. She was asked to apologize, but rather than own her comments, she deleted them.  I don't know if it's MUD, and I don't particularly care. Attempting to reason with someone who is not reasonable and who seems intent on creating drama is a futile game. 

Blocked.  

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • I understand your point teacher but what you said was not accurate. Not everyone who has success on here leaves right away.  I saw it a couple of times already in this forum and it made me extremely happy to see people who were successful and no it doesn't mean that the same will happen for me but it does give me Hope as it should others.   But I guess we can agree to disagree.

Secondary Infertility 38 years old (husband has no children)
    TTC since we got married 6/18/11
    Diagnosed with DOR - AMH 0.8

Miscarriage April 2000
    Had my son 2/27/01

IUI #1 May 2012 - BFN
    IUI #2 June 2012 - BFN

Changed RE's September 2014
    IUI #3 December
    2014 - BFP-My Lil Blessing!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • EnndeaEnndea member
    See, I find all this "new people aren't treated nice" rhetoric a bit odd.  Since, basically, I myself am new.  I think I have been posting here for about 2 months.  Lurking longer, but I consider myself a newbie.  Nevertheless, I have never received anything here but support, understanding, and friendship.  Perhaps that is because I didn't ever 'lash out' at people for things I didn't completely understand?  I don't know.  But I would suggest not painting these people with a broad brush (myself included).  Just because people are leery of being taken advantage of doesn't make them nasty people.  Some people just tend to get very defensive and overreact.
    TTC #1 since 2/2011. Me: Age 36. Stage III Endo and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.
    IUI #1 March: BFN, IUI #2 April: BFN.
    IVF #1: Started stims 7/30--CANCELLED.
    IVF #1.2: Stims start 10/8/12, ER: 10/20/12; 11R/8M/4F, 5DT: 10/25/12, transfer of a 4AA and 3AB Blast. BFP on HPT 10/31/12; Beta #1: (16 DPO) 954! Beta #2: (18 DPO) 1968! First U/S: TWINS!! A/S: TWO BOYS! EDD: 7/13/13
    PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image image
  • imagecar seat:
    imageAmCheri:

I think it's important to note that Carebear, in other unrelated posts, has made some terribly inappropriate, insensitive and cruel comments. She was asked to apologize, but rather than own her comments, she deleted them.  I don't know if it's MUD, and I don't particularly care. Attempting to reason with someone who is not reasonable and who seems intent on creating drama is a futile game. 

Blocked.  

Yes

She's the one who thinks prayer will get her pregnant, and people who send good thoughts are doing nothing to help others.

Not to mention that you can pray away ovarian cysts (ignoring dr's orders), and that doctors are often wrong and tell people to abort healthy babies to save the mother's health, but the doctors are WRONG and this should never happen.

Lest anyone think my comment is harsh, you should know that, supposedly, IF is God's way of saying that he wants us to suffer. Because, you know, God wants us to feel the pain and devastation that IF brings, so we can --- wait, so we can what? I'll add that I am religious and a faithful member of the Cath.olic chur.ch, but I'll never accept that God intends anyone to suffer. Sometimes bad things happen for no reason at all. It's offensive in the extreme to come to this board and say that we're meant to endure this heartache.  I don't care what is allegedly gained through the tortuous process, IF is not my God's plan for me or anyone else. You can't say such hurtful words on an IF board and expect to be welcomed with open arms. 

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • imageCarebear12303:
    First I only gave her the option.  As everyone else seems to be doing nothing but jumping down the poor girls throat.  

You told her exactly what to do. That's not giving her an option, that's instruction. There's an important distinction. 

imageCarebear12303:
    Newbies can't even come here without hearing it from one of the frequent flyers on here and the words they say are not pretty.  If the girls on here learned to be nice instead of bitter towards newbies you may get better responses from other.   

Carebear, this is the internet. People need to put on their big girl panties. And as a newbie to the IF board, I have felt nothing less than welcomed. I haven't seen anyone chased off the board with pitchforks and burning stakes. The OP walked into a group as a stranger and asked for very expensive things - you wouldn't walk into a party where you didn't know anyone and ask the host for a pair of diamond earrings, or a new Cuisinart, would you? It was a ridiculous question. Does she truly think she's the only one who needs meds because IF treatments are so expensive?

imageCarebear12303:
    These woman on here treat newbies like pieces of crap and frankly Im tired of it.    

Please stop talking for anyone but yourself. I didn't ask you to speak for me, someone else is new to this board and they didn't ask for you to speak for them. It's fine if you want to share your opinions and views, but don't say you're doing it for anyone other than yourself. You are not the Lorax. 

imageCarebear12303:
    So maybe instead of jumping down others throats about "this is fraud" and "this is the TTC Inf forum, there is no success here" Telling someone there is no success on this board is false information. 

Carebear, you gave someone advice that could get them into a lot of trouble. That was false information! You keep berating KDG for giving out false information and being wrong, and you did the same exact thing, and then some! Your information was actually dangerous!! 

I know that you now know that was wrong, but people were attempting to correct you so that the OP didn't think that was okay. What happens if she had taken your advice, gone to her RE and explained the big fraudulent scheme and was dropped by her RE? What then? You'd say you were sorry? That you didn't mean it? We 'jumped down your throat' because it was wrong, and you were insistent that it wasn't! 

And re-directing people to the TTGP board isn't biitchy, it's better service. They're not going to get what they're looking for on an IF board if they need a TTC board. You may not like the tone, but you don't have to. They weren't talking to you.  And with rare exceptions, when someone gets pregnant, they move off the board. This is true of 3TC, IF and TTGP. Encouraging people to ask a success related question when there are one or two success stories floating around is a disservice. Pointing them to a board that is filled with success stories is a better way to go. If you wanted an answer, would you go somewhere where maybe one person had the answer, and was only in once or twice a week? Or would you go to the coffee shop filled with people who know the answers, and it's open 24/7?

imageCarebear12303:
    Yes you are digging at me or else you wouldn't be picking various parts of my paragraph and critiquing it even when I apologized for my false statement on fraud.  Who is on a high horse?  Because I choose to follow my Savior?  

The issue here is that this quoting and pasting? It's not to give you a hard time, it's to have a conversation. If we were in a room together and you said something that I wanted to respond to, I would say "But you just said....". That's a normal function of conversation. Here, it's the internet. We cut and paste. It's easier. 

Also, people kept C&Ping you because you were so adamant (and kind of nasty, for someone who feels we shouldn't all be nasty, bitter infertiles) to KDG about the fact that she was wrong about the fraud, and you kept saying she was wrong and incorrect about there not being any pregnant women here. But a) she wasn't wrong on either count, and B) repeatedly saying the same thing over and over again is frustrating to people. I'm C&Ping you right now to try to make my point, not to be nasty or dig at you. 

And my last issue is how you bring up your religion. It's not the religion, it's how you're using it. You were very condescending to KDG, and others when they tried to point out your (very serious) error. No one was attacking your faith, you're the one who brought that to the party. The high horse comment was directly related to your condescending remarks to KDG and others. I think you didn't like that, so you whipped out Jesus and tried to deflect this into an attack on your beliefs. I'm a big believer in God, I have no problem with that. But hiding behind your faith and using it to shield you from negative comments about your behaviour isn't very Christian, is it? 

(And to clarify, that statement up there is not an attack on your beliefs or religion, but your act of hiding behind your religion when you didn't like what was said.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagej&a09:
    I will GLADLY send you my leftover meds when I am done with this cycle. 

I will just need you to PM me your social security number, your husband's social security number and an address where I can send you, my new BFF, my leftover drugs.

That statement among others in this post are rude and condenscending.  Because I decide to pray for the women on here does in no way say that I am condescending.  Its who I am.  You can pick at me all you want with your remarks and stating "is that Christian like", but I know who I am and my Father knows who I am.   Thats great that other newbies on here haven't felt shunned from some of the woman in here but others have, such as this one.  She didn't come in here demanding meds, she simply stated a question and asked, all you had to do was say it in a loving way such as

"Im sorry that you are going through this whole process, it is both mentally and physically exhausting.  Everyone one of us in here are going through the same thing and should be there for each other but if I sold you my meds it would be considered illegal.  Again, I know this is such a difficult time and I will have good thoughts of you that things will work out.  IF you need to talk again please let us know"

As for myself, I know I shouldn't have to told her and I apologized for it already.  God has forgiven me and if you can't forgive me, then thats not my problem anymore.   If hiding behind my relationship with my Savior is what you think I am doing because I pray for these women on here then I guess I will continue to hide then. 

These women need our prayers and support, not lashing out because they made a wrong decision and posted about wanting to buy someones drugs.  You drove her away, noone but yourselves.  Someone just like you.  If you read the comments these ladies posted prior to her leaving you will clearly see why she left.   If you can't see it then I pray that He opens your eyes so you can see it.  Imagine being in her shoes..........and Im talking about her feeling alienated now, not infertility. 

Miscarriage April 2000
    Had my son 2/27/01

IUI #1 May 2012 - BFN
    IUI #2 June 2012 - BFN

IUI #3 December

BabyFruit Ticker

• This is my last comment on this post.  Praying all you women will soon (if not already at this moment) have a chance at motherhood.  Something only God can give you.  I pray you seek Him for guidance during this difficult time and just lean on Him.  That is what He is there for.  I am sorry if I caused drama in here, I am just trying to show you all there are better ways of telling people things. 

Prayers all around. 

Miscarriage April 2000
    Had my son 2/27/01

IUI #1 May 2012 - BFN
    IUI #2 June 2012 - BFN

IUI #3 December

BabyFruit Ticker

• EnndeaEnndea member
    The funny thing about this is that the OP has never posted again.  2 total posts.  I think proving everyone's point....
    TTC #1 since 2/2011. Me: Age 36. Stage III Endo and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.
    IUI #1 March: BFN, IUI #2 April: BFN.
    IVF #1: Started stims 7/30--CANCELLED.
    IVF #1.2: Stims start 10/8/12, ER: 10/20/12; 11R/8M/4F, 5DT: 10/25/12, transfer of a 4AA and 3AB Blast. BFP on HPT 10/31/12; Beta #1: (16 DPO) 954! Beta #2: (18 DPO) 1968! First U/S: TWINS!! A/S: TWO BOYS! EDD: 7/13/13
    PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"