July 2012 Moms

weirdest question ever

at the grocery store yesterday a customer asked me when I was due and I told her Friday. She looked a little suprised and asked if i was doing the shopping to "get things moving" I responded with no we just need groceries. She then proceeded to ask me if i was going to "stretch my own cervix" a bit confused and flustered I responded with a "nooo". She claims she induced her own labor by using her finger and stretching her cervix then started to tell me about how long her labor was and some of the details. I said well thanks for sharing but im not interested ill let things go naturally and i turned and walked away. I am still not sure what to think about this crazy lady, no idea if she was being honest or just crazy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: weirdest question ever

• Wooooahhh!  That is nuts that some random person would say that to you in the store, wow!  I love the snarky comebacks but seriously, that would have floored me.  What a nut!

FTR, I get weird looks too when I'm out & about and people ask when I'm due.  I should be bedridden and counting the hours until labor, right?  ;)  

imageimageimage
    photo rainbows_zpsb95a8e2b.jpgimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    **Its a Dragon Baby!**
    Cycle 15 Oct '11: 150iu Follistim + trigger + IUI + booster= BFP!!!

Beta #1 (15 DPIUI)-1249. Beta #2 (18 DPIUI)-3146. Beta #3 (22 DPIUI)- 11,039
    C-section birth, 7.18.2012

• I would have passed out right next to the noodles or wherever you were if this happened. People are insane.  Also, I think it is funny that people constantly ask, "any day now?" or think you are due months before you actually are, but then when you are actually due any day they act surprised.  I've noticed this lately.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KarmBKarmB
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I would like to know how she was able to bend like that....I can barely bend to scratch my thigh.....

• image megs52881:
    I would have passed out right next to the noodles or wherever you were if this happened. People are insane.  Also, I think it is funny that people constantly ask, "any day now?" or think you are due months before you actually are, but then when you are actually due any day they act surprised.  I've noticed this lately.

Oh my - this!!! I started getting the "you sure it isn't twins?" comments around 4-5 months, and now that I'm at the end people tell me that I don't look it. Sheesh.

And OP, that is one of the strangest stranger comments I've heard yet! I don't even know what I would have said.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • KarmBKarmB
    My husband finally noticed the looks. We were at the movie theater and I honestly look nlike Im carrying twin teenage boys and everyone kept on either giving me the "oooh shes so lucky" look or the "omg I pity you look" and i said "Everyone keep on looking at me" and hubby said he finally was noticing what ive been telling him for weeks.

• I was standing in line at Party City the other day to buy Bubble Gum Cigars, and some random chick asked me when I was due, how many cm I'm dilated, and where I'm delivering.  WTF!  I felt uncomfortable.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • KarmBKarmB
    "how is your cervix doing?"

• It is amazing to me how many people now think it is appropriate to ask about the state of my cervix nowadays!  I would NEVER ask a pregnant woman about that and especially I would not tell a perfect stranger how to stretch her cervix-gross!
  • I got a pedi yesterday...when the lady asked when the baby was due and I said "tomorrow" she looked TERRIFIED.  I was going to add "hope you can catch".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hijoihijoi
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its

image CincyWX:
    I got a pedi yesterday...when the lady asked when the baby was due and I said "tomorrow" she looked TERRIFIED.  I was going to add "hope you can catch".

That is awesome!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Some people are crazy! 

• That is so weird!!  I was at the pool and a woman asked me when I was due, I told her and she paused for a minute...then told me how many days I had left.  Then said it again louder.  I smiled and said I was aware.  I think she was stunned that I was at the pool and so close.  I always wonder, what am I supposed to be doing?  Laying in bed waiting?  How boring would that be???  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow! Stretching her own cervix and telling strangers about it? Maybe she could have helped you with yours, I'm surprised you didn't ask!

People are nuts and incapable of proper reactions. Yesterday my ILs were over and I was having contractions. When I said so, my FIL told me to "hold that thought" until they were gone... WTF?! 

• oncoRNoncoRN
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What is wrong with people?? That's so weird she was talking about stretching her own cervix to a stranger! I have to laugh when people ask when I'm due too, I already get the weird looks for still being at work (and I even have a week+ to go!), and it's like we should all be quarantined at home or something...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image JanieMD:

Wow! Stretching her own cervix and telling strangers about it? Maybe she could have helped you with yours, I'm surprised you didn't ask!

People are nuts and incapable of proper reactions. Yesterday my ILs were over and I was having contractions. When I said so, my FIL told me to "hold that thought" until they were gone... WTF?! 

This is why i just keep my mouth shut now.  I was having them while my parents were over yesterday & didnt say a WORD! the last thing I need is stupid comments lol or them to get excited!

OP that is the freakin weirdest thing EVER, to be honest I think I would've stopped her and said that I don't need to know how you "induced" your own labor, thanks.

The time is now to be fun and fancy free, lookout world he's headed towards 3!
    Dating: 7.1.2008        Engaged: 11.25.11       Austin: 07.21.12     Wedding: 5.4.2013

• Indifferent

TTC since October 2009
    2 failed IUIs with Clomid
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011
    One embryo transferred, four frozen
    11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
    First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
    Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
    Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.