July 2012 Moms
Options

Sharing some mini vents

1. To my Dad- I really don't want to talk about my cervix and dilation with you! Please don't ask me about "discharge" again!

2. To hubby's family-  Nope, I'm not getting a scheduled c-section, I'm not going to ask for an early induction, and I'm not looking forward to feeling like a time bomb when you're here. This baby will come when she's ready.

3. To our friends- I'm just as impatient as you are to meet this baby! Can we talk about something else now, please?

What/Who has been driving you crazy lately?

Re: Sharing some mini vents

• Options
    imagecrystalrain:

1. To my Dad- I really don't want to talk about my cervix and dilation with you! Please don't ask me about "discharge" again!

2. To hubby's family-  Nope, I'm not getting a scheduled c-section, I'm not going to ask for an early induction, and I'm not looking forward to feeling like a time bomb when you're here. This baby will come when she's ready.

*3. To our friends- I'm just as impatient as you are to meet this baby! Can we talk about something else now, please?*

What/Who has been driving you crazy lately?

Number 3 is me 100 percent! I'm like "dude, I'm the one that has been pregnant for the last 9 months. You think I'm not eager to see my own child??!!" Even though I know they mean well, I'm tired of my family and MIL calling me/checking up on me. I'm thinking, "You get notified if anything happens. STOP BUGGING ME!" I think the biggest one that gets me is "How is the baby doing?" Uhm, the baby that hasn't even been born yet is quite comfy in my belly. (like u already don't know this) Also, asking a 39 week pregnant woman, "How are you feeling??" is such dumb question!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJessie11LU:
    I would like to add complete strangers to that list please. You've seen a pregnant woman before, quit staring. I know, I'm not wearing a ring on my sausage.fingers, I have no make-up on so I look 16 but. I assure you, its not contagious, I am miserable and I am about to ,pop."

All of this.  To the man who held up the line at the drug store today because he just had to have his specific packs of Marlboro reds, and then stared at me on my walk to the car......WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?  WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU CAME FROM? I'm also sick of the teenage girls staring at me at the gym.  I'm sorry, should I be home eating cream puff instead??  Guess what, girls, your little butts aren't going to look cute in "PINK" pants forever. 

imageimageimage
    married 8.9.08
    jackson thomas. 8.9.12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kd4Kd4 member
    imageBucks County Newlywed 808:

imageJessie11LU:
    I would like to add complete strangers to that list please. You've seen a pregnant woman before, quit staring. I know, I'm not wearing a ring on my sausage.fingers, I have no make-up on so I look 16 but. I assure you, its not contagious, I am miserable and I am about to ,pop."

All of this.  To the man who held up the line at the drug store today because he just had to have his specific packs of Marlboro reds, and then stared at me on my walk to the car......WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?  WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU CAME FROM? I'm also sick of the teenage girls staring at me at the gym.  I'm sorry, should I be home eating cream puff instead??  Guess what, girls, your little butts aren't going to look cute in "PINK" pants forever. 

Jessie11LU haha this is me too, I feel like half the older ladies at my work look at my belly with disgust and on top of that my tables always think I'm 16 even WITH makeup and I don't have a ring on my finger either :O. I actually had a lady at one of my tables giggle when I walked up to greet her, I don't know why she did it but it kind of pissed me off even if she didn't mean it in a malicious way.

Bucks, I quoted you because now I just really want some cream puffs lol thanks a lot. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

To # 1, this made me laugh, because although I havent gotten a discharge question, I would like to say... "STOP TOUCHING MY BELLY, I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF SHE MOVES."

#2 (SMIL).... Thanks, I know I look like a "house"  but I do so appreciate you pointing that out. It makes me feel so pretty.

#3... I know you all mean well, but your advice is at least 10 years old... Hospitals do things differently.  Yes I do need these diapers.  No, I don't need to sit down.  Yes, I am drinking enough water, you nazi's...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

#1 - To TheBoy - When I say I'm really anxious about the state of the house and need help getting it picked up - it means that I looking at you to start picking up the damn house rather than sitting at the computer!!!  I can guarantee that cleaning up is easier than raising a kid.  Step up already.

#2 - To my coworkers - Yes, I'm still here.  Still.  Really.  I'm well aware of it.

#3 - To my boss - I"m so glad you also thought it made a lot of sense for me to start working from home seeing as I have no job, my commute is roughly an hour,  and I'm so close to my due date.  So why the hell have you come back and said that I need to be in the office on Monday/Tuesday "just in case I'm needed". ?!?!?  I have IM/email/phone at home. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

#1 my dad asks every day if she is here yet...um, hello?? I think we would call you if we went into labor!

#2 my friends post on my facebook CONSTANTLY about when is the baby coming.  I am a pretty regular poster on my FB status, so I am pretty sure if we went to the hospital, I would "check in" so ya'll would know.

#3 the people at the gym regularly laugh at me when I walk in and say, "you haven't walked her out yet?"  Well, I'm still here aren't I???  And the stupid comments that they think I can't hear, "If her water breaks on the treadmill I would so puke..." Hello stupid, it's not like I am Niagra Falls here...I think my pants could handle it while I waddled to the bathroom.

#4 the dogs...yeah...I love them to death, but if they don't stop staring at me and trying to lay on me every five seconds I might have to call the kennel.  My DH has to force them on the couch with him so I can relax in the evening without two little heaters trying to cuddle me!

Thank you so much for posting this!  I needed that!!!  :)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"