April 2011 Moms

Anyone on the mini pill and not bfing?

I was on mini pill while bfing all my children then switched to combo pill.  Well I just found out I had a fibroid that caused me a great deal of bleeding.  Doc switched me to ini pill bc I guess the estrogen in the regular pill can worsen fibroids.  I am having it removed next month but will prob stay on it bc my bleeding is completely gone now and dont want to encourage any more fibroids to grow.  Just worried about the effectivness when I am not bfing.  I am pretty good about taking it at the same time everyday but I dont need another rugrat lol~  I got preg basically by my husband looking at me with the boys so I dont want to taek any chances!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone on the mini pill and not bfing?

• I went to my yearly pap and my OB switched me immediately bc he said the mini pill is only 90% effective if you're not BF. I BF DS until beginning of may and I saw my doc in June. I would probably use another form of BC just because of the decreased effectiveness. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have always doubled up on BC, just in case.  We figure if I get pregnant despite the mini pill (while still BF) and extra protection, the baby is meant to be.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"