December 2011 Moms
Options

laundry detergent & stain remover?

Are you using a "baby" detergent or a regular detergent?  Do you wash your clothing with LOs?  If you use a regular detergent have you noticed that it removes stains better than a baby detergent?  Also, what do you use to treat stains?  Some of these purees (mainly carrots and sweet potatoes) leave crazy stains!!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: laundry detergent & stain remover?

• Options

I just started making my own laundry detergent and LOVE it. Before this we used Tide Pure and Free on everything.

I still keep LO's clothes separate. DH thinks I'm crazy but it's easier this way IMO. I don't like to dry the baby clothes as long as I would dry our jeans. And I didn't like having to hunt for the smaller items that got stuck in DH's clothes. 

Weirdly enough (and I was just thinking about this) I haven't noticed any stains. I started using the homemade detergent just before we started solids---so maybe that's telling me it's working? Otherwise I'd probably just use Shout for stains. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We were using F&C detergent but recently started using powdered Tide on everything since that's what we use on the CDs.

The sun is the best stain remover for organic/natural stains! Try putting your onesies and stuff outside for an afternoon, the stains should disappear! Sometimes I'll put a Dryel stain stick on clothes too that works really well (came in the Dryel kit). 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we use tide fragrance free and all that and we use oxyclean for stains.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We just use what I have for laundry detergent (Arm & Hammer).. 

As for stain removal of carrots and sweet potatoes...  The sweet potatoes should come out with Oxi-clean...  The carrots OTOH are a little more involved... https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/stain-buster/stains-carrot-may07

We've never used baby detergent, I'm incredibly scent sensitive so the one time we used a sample it was a no-go and it got rewashed...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use All free & clear but I have thrown his clothes in with ours and used regular detergent as well or wash ours with the All.  We use the Tide stain lifter and it works so great.  I have not had a stain that hasn't come out when I treat it with that, even  if I don't treat it until the next day and don't wash it for several days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"