September 2012 Moms

Peach Cobbler recipe

I'm having a "woah is me" day (more like I'm being a brat because the heat index here is 105 and I'm in misery) and I want a dessert, like now.  Specifically peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream.  Who has a good recipe for this?  I tried one last summer that wasn't too good so I need tried and true recipes!  Anyone?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Peach Cobbler recipe

• I don't personally have one but try allrecipes.com.  There are tons posted and they are reviewed, so you can see what others think before going to the trouble of making something.

I also LOVE cobbler with blueberries and cherries (but I'm probably biased since I'm a Michigan girl). 

~ Waiting for our Little Spartan~
    Our Baby Boy is due September 8, 2012
  • imageauroraloo:

I don't have a recipe, but it's "woe is me" :)

whoa is an exclamation, a la Joey Lawrence and woe is a worry or glumness. 

::helpful:: 

I'm not being critical, FYI, just helpful. 

DANGIT! And I pride myself on being a stellar speller...mental note made.  Thanks Smile

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageauroraloo:

LOVE the Joey reference. Yes

~ Waiting for our Little Spartan~
    Our Baby Boy is due September 8, 2012
  • While you're trying to find the perfect recipe, I *may* have something to hold you over?? It's super quick and easy (in no way is it healthy though). I usually make these with apples and my husband begs for them, but we got a bunch of delicious peaches so I thought I'd give it a try with those, and they are equally as yummy!

You need

2 pkg of croissants
    2 peaches, peeled and sliced each into 8 pieces
    1 1/2 c sugar
    2 sticks butter, melted
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 20 oz bottle of mountain dew (you wont use the whole thing)
    cinnamon to sprinkle

Roll up each piece of peach into a croissant and lay them all into a large baking dish. Melt the butter entirely and combine with sugar- stir just until mixed. Stir in the vanilla, and then pour this mixture over all of the peach things. Pour the mountain dew into the corners of the pan (when I do this, I use about enough that the pop line is to the top of the label. I guess if you really like mountain dew you could use more?). Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and crispy. (My original recipe says this will take 40 minutes, but I have NEVER baked past 20 or I'm pretty sure I'd end up with an uncleanable dish of burnt butter and sugar!)

Serve with vanilla ice cream annnnd enjoy!!! Hope this holds you over until you find a cobbler recipe you like!

• imagejessk86:

While you're trying to find the perfect recipe, I *may* have something to hold you over?? It's super quick and easy (in no way is it healthy though). I usually make these with apples and my husband begs for them, but we got a bunch of delicious peaches so I thought I'd give it a try with those, and they are equally as yummy!

You need

2 pkg of croissants
    2 peaches, peeled and sliced each into 8 pieces
    1 1/2 c sugar
    2 sticks butter, melted
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 20 oz bottle of mountain dew (you wont use the whole thing)
    cinnamon to sprinkle

Roll up each piece of peach into a croissant and lay them all into a large baking dish. Melt the butter entirely and combine with sugar- stir just until mixed. Stir in the vanilla, and then pour this mixture over all of the peach things. Pour the mountain dew into the corners of the pan (when I do this, I use about enough that the pop line is to the top of the label. I guess if you really like mountain dew you could use more?). Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and crispy. (My original recipe says this will take 40 minutes, but I have NEVER baked past 20 or I'm pretty sure I'd end up with an uncleanable dish of burnt butter and sugar!)

Serve with vanilla ice cream annnnd enjoy!!! Hope this holds you over until you find a cobbler recipe you like!

OMG...I'm seriously drooling and am going home to try this.  Thank you!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageauroraloo:

I don't have a recipe, but it's "woe is me" :)

::helpful:: 

I'm not being critical, FYI, just helpful. 

i ? u
  • imageteeta_81:

I absolutely love this recipe.  I use canned peaches most of the time.  It's not a quick recipe, but it's good. 

Slow cooker Peach Cobbler

half stick butter or margarine

4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup sugar

1 cup flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp cinnamon

pinch of nutmeg

1 cup milk

1 cup sugar

Turn your slow cooker to high. Melt butter. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, peaches and 1 tsp vanilla together.In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 cup of sugar. Add milk & stir.

Pour the milk and flour mixture into the slow cooker.

Then, pour the peaches on top of the batter.

Cover and let cook on high for 3 hours.

After 3 hours, sprinkle some sugar on top of cobbler and place a chopstick under the lid. This will create the crusty top. Let cook for at least 30 more minutes.

Once done, top with cool whip or vanilla ice cream.

do you think this would work with cherries?
  • Man that sounds good! 
  • imageteeta_81:

I absolutely love this recipe.  I use canned peaches most of the time.  It's not a quick recipe, but it's good. 

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup sugar

1 cup flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp cinnamon

pinch of nutmeg

1 cup milk

1 cup sugar

Turn your slow cooker to high. Melt butter. Mix 1/2 cup sugar, peaches and 1 tsp vanilla together.In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 cup of sugar. Add milk & stir.

After 3 hours, sprinkle some sugar on top of cobbler and place a chopstick under the lid. This will create the crusty top. Let cook for at least 30 more minutes.

You had me at "half stick of butter." 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagetonir319:
    imageteeta_81:

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup sugar

1 cup flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp cinnamon

pinch of nutmeg

1 cup milk

1 cup sugar

You had me at "half stick of butter." 

I was just making sure you didn't use a recipe that called for Monistat Chafing Creme. Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"