September 2012 Moms

What are your beauty tricks?

2»

Re: What are your beauty tricks?

• imagetonir319:
    imageLILBIT1221:
    imagetonir319:
    imagepammeelala:

For full face, primer is key!  It keeps your skin from absorbing it so it stays all day instead of being pretty much gone by lunchtime.  It will also help the foundation go on more smoothly.  I always use a foundation brush.

I agree. I love primer. My beauty tip is don't spend a lot of money on primers. I actually use Monistat Chafing Gel as a primer. It's like $8 a tube and lately it comes in handy to keep my thighs from rubbing together too!

seriously? Or are you tricking me and I am going to end up with some weird facial rash?

I know right? Nope I read it in more than one magazine where a couple celebs said that was their beauty trick.  It's doesn't have any "monistat-type" ingredients, it's just a thicker chafing gel really and it makes your skin feel really silky before you apply foundation. I was skeptical, but now I'm a convert and recommend it to everyone. 

hmm ok then, I will add it to my list of things to try. Thank you ma'am.
  • imagemrs.jenni:

While I can't promise these products will get you a bathroom to yourself (they don't work for me!) I use MAC make-up and Bumble & Bumble hair products and I'm slightly obsessed.  I've seen a real difference (especially in my hair) since I've spent a little more money on these beauty products.  

Andplusalso? The smell of B&B Creme de Coco shamp/cond almost brings me to orgasm.  Yes, it smells that good. 

I also use these exact same products and completely agree!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Mary Kay also.  I've been using it almost exclusively since I was 19 and I'm 40.  I have tried other expensive brands (Dior, Lancome, Estee) and they either broke me out or I didn't see any difference and went back to MK.  I have combination skin so I use a liquid matte foundation and apply with a brush.  I feel that using a sponge puts too much on my face.  If you don't invest in a brush you can lightly wet the sponge and this helps.  I still prefer the brush.  I use the eye primer before my shadow.  I use a white shadow (you would use a color close to your own skin-I'm fair with brown hair), a light pink shadow for contour and black liquid liner (thin line and only on top--liner on the bottom makes me look "hard"), I also love, LOVE! the new LashLove Mascara.  It never smudges (even after I've napped in my car at lunch.)

Also, since I can't wear any of my shoes and now only wear sandals I scrub my feet with a purple Mr. Pumice bar.  It takes 1 minute to do both feet.

• imageVanessaB24:

imageanitalynn:

"Invest" in decent foundation.

Yes

I use Make up Forever. before i go pg i use to do full face makeup now i just put foundation, bronzer and mascara on. 10 minutes and I'm done. Yes 10 mins for 3 things because i'm slow and i keep doing other things in between.

Make up forever is expensive but worth every penny. It lasts a long time and looks great in photos. It's my biggest splurge... Mascara goes a long way for most people.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • On a full make up day, I use the following products:

Aveda moisturizer
    Cargo concealer*
    Cargo foundation (lasts forever, and is super blendable.  I use a pea size dab and apply with my fingers)
    Lancome Pressed powder*
    N.Y.C. Clear brow gel*
    Avon Eye shadow*
    Urban Decay Eyeliner in black*
    Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara*
    Nars Blush in Orgasm
    Buxom lip gloss or Sugar Balm from Sephora*

The ones with the star are my abbreviated face.  Takes me about 2 minutes to swipe it on.   If I had to pick ONE product, I'd go with the brow gel.  You can look like hell with a full face of makeup if your brows are raggedy.  But, you can look like a million bucks with a bare face if your brows are tamed.  

As far as my hair goes....I have thick, wavy/curly hair that is impossible to do anything with in under an hour.   For that reason, I rely on thesmallthingsblog.com for hair tutorials.  She has all sorts of hair tutorials that are super lazy but look really finished.  The double messy bun is my favorite.  2 ponytail holders, a handful of bobby pins, a slight tease and some hairspray and that's it.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am very low maintenance b/c I WFH. Most days I am sans makeup & just pull my hair back wet after the shower, and I'm not big on products in general.

I wash my face with Clinique Acne-Fighting foaming face wash & moisturize it with Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. I've been using those two religiously for over 10 years.

When I do go out & do my face & hair, this is what I do-

I ditched foundation a long time ago & now just use the Covergirl concealer -the one that looks like a lipstick tube - to do under my eyes, T-zone & any other blotches. Then I use Mark Kay loose mineral powder which makes me look less pale =)

I like to put a white or shimmery beige eyeshadow on my brow line, on the inner corners of my eyelids to brighten up my eyes.

An eyelash curler will also do wonders for brightening up the eyes!

For my hair, I use Tressemme (sp?) shampoo & conditioner daily, but on special occasions I use Matrix shampoo & conditioner from the salon. I've been trying to keep it short with some layers so it gets volume when I blow dry it w/ a round vent brush.

I have no advice for feet b/c mine were in a bad way. I just had a spa day last weekend & that poor woman must've buffed half the bottom of my feet off - they were so roughIck!

I rarely do my fingernails other than just trimming them short, and my toenails I do myself. I've been using the same color for years - I am so boring!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLILBIT1221:
    imagemrs.jenni:

While I can't promise these products will get you a bathroom to yourself (they don't work for me!) I use MAC make-up and Bumble & Bumble hair products and I'm slightly obsessed.  I've seen a real difference (especially in my hair) since I've spent a little more money on these beauty products.  

Andplusalso? The smell of B&B Creme de Coco shamp/cond almost brings me to orgasm.  Yes, it smells that good. 

OK, here is another stupid question. For you or anyone. HOW do you apply YOUR foundation? Maybe that is where I am doing it wrong? I use a wedge sponge, but I either feel like it's too heavy or not enough. No happy medium.

I mix mine with moisturizer and a little highlighter to get a tinted moisturizer that gives my face a little glow... plus that's three steps cut down into one.  I use my fingers to blend it all in, I think I get a really easily blendable coverage that way.  Afterwards I set with a little translucent powder.  As far as brands, I LOVE Arbonne's daily SPF moisturizer and I've been using their liquid foundation and highlighter too.  I bought it over a year ago and still have the same tube of all three products... you get great bang for your buck.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"