October 2011 Moms

December 2011 Bumpie needs our T&Ps (sad, baby loss)

A friend just posted on FB that there's a bumpie, Fletcha, from Dec 2011 that lost her little boy this past weekend.  They were driving on the interstate when the car in front of them had a cooler come loose and fall off into the roadway... they slowed to avoid hitting it and were rear-ended by a truck... causing a chain reaction.  They both made it, but their little boy Milo was killed in the car crash.

I just can't even imagine.  Something so stupid as a cooler not being fastened properly or even just stored inside the car and these parents have lost their little boy forever.  :(  Will be hugging my girl tight when I get her from daycare and probably triple checking her straps when I buckle her in to go home. 

Here's the post on Dec. 2011: http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/1/67029380/ShowThread.aspx

and here's the newspaper article: http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2012/07/01/infant-killed-in-crash-on-i-82-five-others-injured

Sunny

Dx: Hyper-turned-hypothyroidism after RAI, Stage II Endometriosis, PCOS/annovulation

Femara brought us our first-ever BFP after 5+ years!
Beta #1 (13dpo) 40.8, Beta #2 (17dpo) 189.4, Beta #3 (24dpo) 3748.5

Evangeline Rachel born at 37w via scheduled c-section due to IUGR and being breech

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: December 2011 Bumpie needs our T&Ps (sad, baby loss)

• T&Ps for their son, I can't bring myself to open the links. Sad
  • That is horrible. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What a terrible tragedy. I can't even begin to imagine what that poor family is going through. My heart breaks for them.
  • btsrc5btsrc5
    5000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I can't open the links either, but they will be in my T&P.  My heart is breaking for them

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13 

• I can't even imagine.  Definitely sending T&Ps to the family.  :(
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Why post this? It just causes all if us anxiety. I know that I sound biitchy but what is the point in upsetting everyone here?
  • image Brie2006:
    Why post this? It just causes all if us anxiety. I know that I sound biitchy but what is the point in upsetting everyone here?

I put a note in the title so you didn't have to open it if you didn't want to see it.  I think above and beyond our anxiety, this woman and her husband could use any good thoughts and prayers (or even donations, if someone was so inclined as there's a donation page linked on the bump post) that they can get.  I know if it was me, I would take some small grain of comfort in knowing that there were people out there thinking of and praying for me... remembering my baby... and maybe they would hug their kids just a little tighter that day and not sweat the small stuff.

Sunny

Dx: Hyper-turned-hypothyroidism after RAI, Stage II Endometriosis, PCOS/annovulation

Femara brought us our first-ever BFP after 5+ years!
    Beta #1 (13dpo) 40.8, Beta #2 (17dpo) 189.4, Beta #3 (24dpo) 3748.5

Evangeline Rachel born at 37w via scheduled c-section due to IUGR and being breech

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Brie2006:
    Why post this? It just causes all if us anxiety. I know that I sound biitchy but what is the point in upsetting everyone here?

Any of these tragedies could happen to any one of us...it doesn't make it any less important that it's from December board. If you lost your baby and no one sent you thoughts and prayers...how would you feel? 

I understand it's very difficult to hear, but Milo's parents need these T&P shoutouts. What a sad, sad day for them. I cannot imagine. Let's just all be aware that anything could happen at anytime. Hug your babies a little tighter and let them know how much you love them, have patience when times are hard, and be there mentally and emotionally for them.

T&P to Milo's family Broken Heart

photo b5880bbf-17e0-491c-8d1e-181ee8707670_zps6b0bf0b5.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Aug 19, 2010 ParaGuard IUD Removed
    Sept 7, 2010 Dx w/Hypothyroidism (TSH 6.7) Began taking Levothyroxine
    Feb 15, 2010 BFP with #1
    Nov 1, 2011 DD1 Born
  • image Brie2006:

She posted in the title that there is child loss mentioned.  It is your choice whether to look or not.  

I feel that we can learn lessons from some of these tragedies.  As a mother I think I would find comfort in knowing that other mothers are sending me their thoughts and prayers.  

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Oh, how horrible!!!  It's so scary that you just never know what can happen.  Poor family....

BabyFruit Ticker
  • :standing on soap box:

I think the lesson we can learn from this tragedy is that miniscule things, like taking extra time to make sure things are secure when packing your car, could impact others greatly.

I know that when we drive places we try to avoid driving behind people with loaded trailers or truck beds.  You can not assume they did a proper job packing or tying things down.

Life is so precious and we need to cherish the time we have with all the people we love.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • image Brie2006:

Because a child died, and people need to pay witness to that.  It's not complicated.

Oh, that is fantastic. This...this is wine. Yeah. Look what all these idiots are drinking. Look at these dicks!
    Obviously it's not really delicious, like hot chocolate or Coke, but for wine...brilliant.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My heart is absolutely breaking for that family. Lots of T&Ps going out to them.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image overture:

image Brie2006:

Because a child died, and people need to pay witness to that.  It's not complicated.

Well said, Overture.

My heartfelt prayers for Milo and his parents. What a tragedy and great loss.

Me: 29, Dx with PCOS & pituitary tumor/high prolactin

TTC#1: Abigail born 10/26/11

dx: bilateral congenital cataracts resulting in surgical removal of eye lenses

CafeMom Tickers

TTC#2 BFP Chart!

TTC #2: BFP 9/29/12 = Due 6/10/13

1/21/13 = Level 2 u/s showing very healthy GIRL!!

2u2 Here We Come!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • There are simply no words for how sad this is.  I'm so sorry for Fletcha and her husband about the loss of precious Milo.  I'm fighting a losing battle with tears right now.  Like many others, I will keep them in my prayers and I'll be hugging Tessa extra tight tonight. 
  • image pennysuedog:

:standing on soap box:

I think the lesson we can learn from this tragedy is that miniscule things, like taking extra time to make sure things are secure when packing your car, could impact others greatly.

I know that when we drive places we try to avoid driving behind people with loaded trailers or truck beds.  You can not assume they did a proper job packing or tying things down.

Life is so precious and we need to cherish the time we have with all the people we love.

Thanks Penny. Tragedies like this *should* remind us to be cautious (on the road and otherwise) and take the extra few minutes to consider the safety of our loved ones and others. Small mistakes can have BIG consequences.

T&P's for sweet Milo and his family  :( 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is absolutely heartbreaking. I can't imagine how Milo's parents are feeling right now. I also can't imagine how traumatized the people w/ the cooler must be ... if that was my cooler that caused such a tragedy I'd be completely devastated.

T&P's for Milo and Fletcha.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That is terrible and I really feel for Milo's family. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• This is so sad I am speechless. T&Ps aren't enough, but it's all I have
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Heartbreaking :( 

Many many prayers to the family  

Married 10/08

?10/25/11 Natalia ?

Surprise BFP 5/10/12

? 01/06/13 Maddie ?

• That poor family! I couldn't imagine. T&p's for that family.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • So sorry. Poor little Milo and his poor parents. My heart goes out to them.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LCassLCass
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    So sad.  I'm hoping that the family can find a way through this difficult time.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Thank you everyone for your t + p's and any donations the family may receive. Our December family has forever been shaken and we are all beyond devastated with the loss of baby Milo. thank you on behalf of us December moms

• CA2006CA2006
    Tenth Anniversary
    Absolutely devastating. T&P's are with that sweet baby boy's family. 

• That's just awful. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Jim & Kristen ~ August 19, 2006
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Awh, one of my FB friends knew this bumpie. When I heard, my stomach dropped. That poor baby, and his poor parents. This makes me SO sad. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I understand that this family needs thoughts and prayers. I don't mean to sound cold but I don't think this family will have any idea that the Oct. Moms board on the Bump is "doing" anything nice to help ease their pain. 

I also understand that I could just not have opened this post. I should have headed the warning. 

I've just had a sad week and I think that I have just had enough with all that is depressing. 

• image Brie2006:

I understand that this family needs thoughts and prayers. I don't mean to sound cold but I don't think this family will have any idea that the Oct. Moms board on the Bump is "doing" anything nice to help ease their pain. 

I also understand that I could just not have opened this post. I should have headed the warning. 

I've just had a sad week and I think that I have just had enough with all that is depressing. 

Gee, I hope you are never in need of support or anything like that.

Count your blessings. No matter how "sad" your week has been, it could be worse.

image image image
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • image Brie2006:

Why post something like this when she could open this post hoping to read some condolences.  Did you happen to think of that before posting your comment?

PCOS Momma
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards