Parenting

Wait a min.

There's en effin FB group for this board now to?  Please explain the pros to me because I seriously enjoy the anonymity of the board.  While I think most of you bishes are fairly normal, I'd be majorly concerned about some cray cray getting onto it and having my personal information.

If this board dies then I'll actually have to work all the time!

Re: Wait a min.

• I dislike the FB groups and will not join one.  I'd prefer to visit only one website for my Parenting stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Inkogneetoh:

I seriously enjoy the anonymity of the board.  While I think most of you bishes are fairly normal, I'd be majorly concerned about some cray cray getting onto it and having my personal information.

Yep... Majorly.. Hence the fact that I had to create a new SN last week.  My old SN was from my days on The Knot and was my full name (stupid I know but I didn't really think about it at the time plus I was excited about getting a new last name!!) and I started getting weird ass messages on fbook about a thread from the bump... Basically that prompted an immediate screen name change and major upgrade on fbook security settings (I thought I had caught them all.. apparently not!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    "I love when people believe in conspiracy theories. It immediately tells me I'm smarter than you"- Daniel Tosh.
  • Ditto. I guess I tend to be more of a private person in the sense that I don't share photos on here of me / my family and I'd prefer to hang on to the anonymity aspect. :-)

There are definately crazies out there, as we've seen from some of these whackjob trolls.  I guess I'm assuming only the people who have proved themselves to be pretty normal enough are allowed to join the FB group but still...I'd prefer to stay here.

Big Sister ~ Little Brother

• People in the group that are not actually on my friends list still cannot look at my info or pics. I have never asked to join a group before because I have the same concerns. I do show that the majority of people are still posting here, and that is mostly just pics and such right now because their privacy settings are tighter and many people don't want to post pics in threads here because any one, including lurkers, can see and copy them.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• This board will NOT DIE!  I don't FB during the day, so at least I will be posting here & annoying the ever loving crapp outta yous guys as per usual.  Mwahahahaha!!!

imageimage

• I only joined the FB groups from The Bump because they were easier to read on my phone while nursing. I'm still a newbie on this board so I'm not in the one for here, though. I'm not really crazy about my BMB's FB group but at least it gives me something to read. And the account I use for it isn't really personal because I basically only have it to keep up with pages, my community forum, coupon deals, etc. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
  • I avoided the first fb exodus for the same reasons you list. This board was on life support before a lot of people came over from the toddler board (I think that's the board). Anyway, this is a good way for me to pass time while at work.
  • I do not join anyone's FB groups.  It doesn't mean I love you any less.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image Kitiara5512:
    People in the group that are not actually on my friends list still cannot look at my info or pics. I have never asked to join a group before because I have the same concerns. I do show that the majority of people are still posting here, and that is mostly just pics and such right now because their privacy settings are tighter and many people don't want to post pics in threads here because any one, including lurkers, can see and copy them.
    They would still know your real first and last name though.  As much as a like many people here, you just never know where that could go.  This is also why I don't friend people from work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image nbeseau:
    image Kitiara5512:
    People in the group that are not actually on my friends list still cannot look at my info or pics. I have never asked to join a group before because I have the same concerns. I do show that the majority of people are still posting here, and that is mostly just pics and such right now because their privacy settings are tighter and many people don't want to post pics in threads here because any one, including lurkers, can see and copy them.
    They would still know your real first and last name though.  As much as a like many people here, you just never know where that could go.  This is also why I don't friend people from work.

Exactly.  Google yourself.  I did, and I found my home address, all previous addresses, my husband and daughters name, some info about my car, my immediate and some distant family.  It's scary what someone can find out about you with just your name.

• image Inkogneetoh:

There's en effin FB group for this board now to?  Please explain the pros to me because I seriously enjoy the anonymity of the board.  While I think most of you bishes are fairly normal, I'd be majorly concerned about some cray cray getting onto it and having my personal information.

If this board dies then I'll actually have to work all the time!

This too.

I also tend to discuss things with you all that I might not IRL friends.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image Inkogneetoh:

image nbeseau:
    image Kitiara5512:

Exactly.  Google yourself.  I did, and I found my home address, all previous addresses, my husband and daughters name, some info about my car, my immediate and some distant family.  It's scary what someone can find out about you with just your name.

I know. I dont tend to be as concerned about that. Until you mentioned it.

I guess I pretty much trust the people who are on this group. If there was anyone on that gave me even remote heebiejeebies I would quit it. TB is my main hang out, FB just makes it easier to share pics.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Yea, I am a little creeped out by it too. I am part of one and that is enough for me.  Personally I love all of the frequent posters and feel completely comfortable with all of them but it certainly freaks me out that there are like 1000 additional people in the group who never post.