Infertility Veterans

Am I really a vet?

Sometimes I wonder if I really belong on this board.  I mean, I *think* I've been active in posting & giving support to you wonderful ladies through good times & bad.  And I appreciate the support you've give me.  I've "known" many of you for several years & have even gone to GTGs.  But I also realize I'm only about to go through my 2nd IVF.  Yes we've been TTC for 4 years now & did 8 IUIs before IVF but the whole "pain Olympics" post got me thinking: if I do manage to get pregnant this cycle, 2 IVFs is NOTHING compared to what many of you have been through.  IF is not a    p!ssing contest but I sometimes don't post things because I don't want to come across wrong.  Or am I all alone in these thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Am I really a vet?

• Of course u belong here!
  • imagevanessagorc:
    Of course u belong here!

Hey V!  Yay for being past V-day!  Man, time has flown.  BTW did you guys find out the sex?  Or is it a surprise?

• Loading the player...
  • imageAnasara:

imagevanessagorc:
    Of course u belong here!

Hey V!  Yay for being past V-day!  Man, time has flown.  BTW did you guys find out the sex?  Or is it a surprise?

thx, I know...it's gone so fast!!!!   We are going for a surprise, but my guy says girl. 
  • you belong here cutie.

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • imagevanessagorc:
    Of course u belong here!

hear hear.

This board is for longtime supporters and posters; in particular those that have seen their infertile cycle "buddies" go on to have their kids and second and even third siblings. It's not necessarily for those with long treatment histories, although the overlap is generally big. The corollary being, just because you have a long treatment history does not make you an IFV, you need to have a history on the IF board and know that special left-behind-by-even-infertiles feeling.

Hugs !!! And post whatever you want to !!!

+++
  • I ask myself the same thing often.  I've also "only" had 1 failed IVF but I've been on 3T and IF for a while and just can't deal with the Clomid and Pom juice questions.  I try to mindful of the fact that I'm a newbie as far as treatments go on the IFV board.  

I think being supportive of everyone here is the most important factor in whether we belong. 

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAnasara:
    Sometimes I wonder if I really belong on this board.  I mean, I *think* I've been active in posting & giving support to you wonderful ladies through good times & bad.  And I appreciate the support you've give me.  I've "known" many of you for several years & have even gone to GTGs.  But I also realize I'm only about to go through my 2nd IVF.  Yes we've been TTC for 4 years now & did 8 IUIs before IVF but the whole "pain Olympics" post got me thinking: if I do manage to get pregnant this cycle, 2 IVFs is NOTHING compared to what many of you have been through.  IF is not a    p!ssing contest but I sometimes don't post things because I don't want to come across wrong.  Or am I all alone in these thoughts?

I've often asked myself the same question. After our dx, due to my low AMH, DH and I decided to go straight to IVF, so we skipped IUI completely. My first IVF was an utter and complete failure. We made the decision to invest (time and money) into acu to help with quality before IVF #2, and that's when my body somehow figured something out. My first pg ended in m/c and then low and behold right before IVF #2, I was pg again. I know I am blessed to have had this blessing, yet I also felt guilty even posting my BFP here, because I know so many others have struggled so much more than I have.

At the same time, I know I have been a very active member of IF and then IFV for almost a year and half, and I do feel like this is home to me. I will continue to support and hug and cheer for my friends, in the hopes that we all make it to the finish line at some point or another!

2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • You definitely belong here.  Wishing you so many T&Ps that IVF 2 brings you a take home baby.
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Totally belong here. :)

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• You have been around as long as I have. :> Or it seems that way.
    PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagegenmalone:

I ask myself the same thing often.  I've also "only" had 1 failed IVF but I've been on 3T and IF for a while and just can't deal with the Clomid and Pom juice questions.  I try to mindful of the fact that I'm a newbie as far as treatments go on the IFV board.  

I think being supportive of everyone here is the most important factor in whether we belong. 

This and what Edwina said... I've only been through IVF once myslf as well.  But many of my cycle buddies already have outside babies and are now thinking about number 2

TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• You very much belong here!!!! =)

Dx: PCOS, Anovulatory, Amenorrhea 2006
    TTC: Sept 2008
    IVF#1 Cancelled due to breast biopsy.05/01/20

IVF#1.2- 9/2010 - Cancelled Oversurpressed

IVF#2 Microdose Lupron 10/2010 Beta 11/09=BFN
    IVF#3 2/2011 - 2 blasts(2/25) Beta 03/11 =BFN
    IVF#4 Lupron 01/02 =2 blasts, beta's 1-4 198,234,398,3100!!BFP
    FET 3/2014 2 blasts BETA 3/20=BFP TWINS EDD 11/27 TEAM PINK!!!                   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"