Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Bath time Battle

My gosh my DD hates bath time...This started around 11 months? Scream session, wanting to get out, don't care for the bath toys, etc..

She is now 15 mths...

We set up a big tub in the jacuzzi ...how do yall bathe your LO. Take him/her to the standing shower? or just set up jacuzzi?

Also any suggestions on making this a fun thing to do?  

Re: Bath time Battle

• Options

try taking a shower with her.  I may not be the best with this - my son loves baths

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JJsMumJJsMum member
    DS went through this at about the same age.  What worked for us was to let him be in the bathroom while I ran the bath and we kind of sat there and played with the flowing water.  When it was about ready for him, I'd sit him on the (closed) toilet and we played the "strip the baby" game.  Now he thinks that bathtime is a big game and he often asks (several times a day) to have a bath.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Only suggestion I have is try bubbles in the tub.  You could do some J&J foaming bubble bath or try actually blowing bubbles while in the tub it might do the trick.  DD has had a similar problem since about that age as well and we are only just now starting to get over it so I dont have much to offer.  Bubbles and the occasional interesting toy (funnels, cups etc) were the only things that helped us at all.  And DD HATES having water on her head so the shower was not a good option for us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    same prob. So I bought a new bath toy, the boat from target. during the day i got in the tub with no water & started playing with it while ignoring my son.  he got really curious & tried to climb in the tub so i helped him.  then after awhile i turned on the water & we played.  he didn't want to get out.  then at night same thing but i got out.  it's been at least a month & he's still in love with his toy.
  • Options
    DD hated it for the longest time, then one day she loved it. She still refuses to sit, she stands and plays with her watering cans, cups, crayons, and books. I think the switch happened when she started playing with water during non-bath times (water table, etc). It's a phase. You can try different toys, but at some point she'll just get over it.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We have this awesome octopus toy that sings and blows bubbles.  We got DS some hypoallergenic mr bubbles or something and we put it in there so it blew bubbles at him.  Maybe try that?  That thing is awesome in the bath.  I'd suggest introducing him to the toy outside of the bath.  Maybe outside for playtime or something and I bet baby will love it.  It's rad.  I think it's by vtech?
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"