Infertility

Why is everyone I know pregnant but me?

Frustrated!!! Every day I find out of a new person that is pregnant that is either A) much younger than me, B) on their 2nd or 3rd child or C) got married after me.  I know getting pregnant is not a contest but it's just hard when you have been trying for so many years and still no success yet.  How do you all cope?

Re: Why is everyone I know pregnant but me?

• Ohhhhhh I know.  I feel like I'm really getting picked last in the pregnancy game. 
     36 DH 33 TTC for over 3 years
    First mini-IVF Sept 2011... Only 1 egg! ... BFN
    Switching RE
    IVF#2 May 2012 9 eggs and only 2 sperm, WTH!
    BFN
    IVF #3 March 2013~Tesa with back-up Donor Sperm,Tesa, unsuccessful used DS~ Chemical :(   

Switching RE's within practice

2 frosties waiting for us, November 2013!!!!!   Transferred 2 "average" blasts 11/20/2013
    BFP!!!!!!!  Boy/Girl Twins!!!!!! Due 08/08/2014

My Blog

*~God gives his hardest battles to his toughest solders. Unknown.
  • HawkJrHawkJr member
    I feel your pain! Im not coping well at times. The only thing keeping me going right now is hoping this next cycle works. 
    image. IVF July 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I completely agree!  We've been married 3 years, TTC for 18 months and seeing a RE for 7 months.  We skipped the big family reunion this weekend because there was going to be a baby shower for one of my husband's cousins who got married last summer - their baby is due on their first anniversary, which everyone thinks is adorable.  DH comes from a huge family, 40+ first cousins, and I just didn't feel up to explaining what's going on with us to a family that obviously is very fertile.  So instead of the reunion, I go get my hair cut yesterday and my beautician says "by the way, we're pregnant!"  So much for escaping from it all.

It helps a bit because my sister's been through it.  It happened eventually for her, but that's no consolation that it'll happen for us.  There are only a couple people I've found that I can count on - my mom and my sister.  Most of my friends who are aware of what's going on don't want to hear about it or tell us not to worry, which doesn't really help.  Even DH doesn't really understand why I'm so upset about not being pregnant.  Having a couple of people to vent with has been really helpful for me.

Working out also seems to help take my mind off it a bit.  I'm thinking of training for a sprint triathlon - can't do it for a good while after baby if baby ever happens, so why not start training now, right?

DH is frustrated by all this but doesn't seem as upset as I am, which is probably good (a dinner out the other day with DH left me in tears because he didn't seem as concerned about infertility as I was).  He's actually making a point of living our lives without focusing too much on baby stuff.  We have a vacation in 2 weeks and I was ready to stay home just in case the timing was right for a procedure at the RE office, but he insisted on going somewhere.  He said that even if we stay home, the timing would probably be off again, and then I'd be grumpy that we had stayed home.  At the very least, we can relax a bit on vacation, and I know I can drink a margarita knowing that there's no baby on board. 

Best of luck.

• glueckglueck member

I am coping VERY poorly. I wish there was an answer, but there isn't. Please know that your feelings are not uncommon. We are all suffering here! 

BIG hugs. 

imageimage

TTC#1 since October 2010

"The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be...because of all I may become I will close my eyes and leap." Mary Anne Radmacher

Me:35, 5 major abdominal surgeries for Ulcerative colitis, failed j pouch, perm. Ileostomy DX-DOR & Tubal abnormalities/Extensive Adhesions from earlier surgeries.latest fsh -26 :(

IVF 1- March 2012 Antagonist Protocol; BCP until March 3; AFC this cycle is 10 (Hooray); Start stims on March 9; ER on March 19- 2R; 2T (1 perfect 8 cell, 1 scrappy 3 cell); tubal infection from ER-hospitalized. Doomed! BFN

Essure Procedure to treat bilateral hydrosalpinx; June 2012, wait 3 months for confirmation test.

IVF2 (Egg Banking)-letrozole/antagonist cycle; June/July 2012 225iu merional + cetrotide; slow responder, Ovulated before ER. Unbelievable. Canceled remaining cycles with my eggs

DE IVF in Brno, Czech. Approx. ET on Oct 6 CANCELLED-Essure didn't close both tubes-test again in 3 months

IVF3-DE IVF ET on Dec 9, 2012 (decided to roll the dice no matter what!)

2 perfect HB transferred; 8dp5dt beta:36; 10dp5dt beta 15; chemical pregnancy.

Turning our hearts toward adoption

DH:36, SA-perfect

Married since July 11, 2009

Fur baby Cairn Terrier

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• I totally know what you mean. We tried relaxing this weekend by going to the pool but...baby bumps stand out so much more in bathing suits. I counted at least 8 pregnant women. I'm jealous and still feel like we're being cheated out of what was supposed to be the fun part.  I keep trying to tell myself it'll happen soon and all be worth it. In the meantime Tom Petty's "the waiting is the hardest part" is my new theme song. Good luck. 
  • I'm not dealing well with it, either. I mostly feel sad, but mixed with anger at times. I really don't talk with friends much. I may mention my sadness or vent about a pregnant friend or co-worker, but they don't get it. They don't know what to say. I try to keep busy, but I'm not always successful. And whenever I'm done doing what I'm doing, my mind travels back. The thinking is what gets me. Everyone says, "oh you need to relax. Be positive. Believe it will happen." You try being in my place and see how relaxed you can get. I have times where I'm like "yeah, this is it, it's going to work!" But then the fears roll in, the doubt. I can believe and have faith, but if my embryo didn't stick, it's not because I didn't believe enough or want it bad enough or I didn't have enough positivity. And it just plain stinks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hear ya!  I got married 11 years ago, instantly started TTC & have watched everyone around me have child after child... it's so hard.  I have no idea how I cope.  I can say that for me it hasn't gotten any easier with time.  I wish I had some better advice, but I am right there with you!
    Started TTC in 2001
    medicated cycles, 3 surgeries, failed IUI & IVF
    IVF #1 July 2011 5dt of 2 blast = BFN
    IVF #2 June/July 2012 (praying for a BFP)
    **SAIFW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"