Loss

Lost Family

Okay so I've not lost a child, but my mother died at the end of April (she disowned me 4 years prior), and then my brother's girlfriend (of 4 years) was killed in a car accident by a drunk driver.

I'm fine until I'm all alone, which has been a lot lately. All I want to do is cry, but I'm trying to keep my stress level down for the baby.

What can I do to make it stop hurting?

Re: Lost Family

• Kristi, I am so sorry for your loss.  It's such a stressful thing and no one should have to go through it.  

I lost my mother unexpectedly just about 3 years ago and the only thing that makes it better is time.  I don't even think "better" is the right term, I guess it makes the pain less raw.  You will always have these feelings, but you will understand them better and they will sting less as time goes on.  

Do you have good supports you can talk to IRL?  A friend that could come stay with you if you need it when you are alone?  I suggest talking to your OB, they will likely have an idea of what you can do to help.  I always strongly suggest counselling if you have the option because they can often get you to think about things from a different perspective and encourage a lot of self reflection and understanding which can be hard to do without someone encouraging it.  

Try to take it easy, know that your feelings are not wrong and you are welcome to share anything, any time.   

Hugs!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards