4 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Cramp-ish feeling?

So pretty much since I found out I'm PG I feel cramping every now and then. Is this normal? It is not painful or even uncomfortable, it is just there. Did any of you experience this? Having someone say they experienced the same thing will put my mind at ease...

Re: Cramp-ish feeling?

• Options
    I hope it's normal! Haha. Before I tested, I was cramping in my hips, like my period was coming. When it didn't, I started getting a cramp-y feeling in my uterus. It doesn't really hurt, it's just annoying. Peeing makes the feeling go away. It's weird! 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I am also feeling some light cramping- nothing painful, but just little pains... from what I've read, it is pretty normal.

Has anyone been having pains near their sides/kidneys?! This is a new one for me, so I'm trying to drink more, but ?!?!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CraMping it totally normal. You shouldnt be concerned unless there's bleeding along with it.
  • Options
    I have been getting cramps that are like light period cramps. I was concerned, but I see that lots of other women have posted that they are getting them too.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Found out few days ago and totally having cramps. I keep thinking I'm going to get my period but from what I'm reading as long as there is no bleeding it's normal. 
  • Options

I'm also having cramping!! Eventhough it seems to be fairly normal it makes me worry, I get cramping in my side and in my uterus. Hopefully going to the first prenatal appt will put my mind at ease. With my first PG I don't remember having cramping but that was also 5 years ago. GL girls!

• Options

We just found out this morning that we were pregnant. (after trying for nearly 9 months after a prior miscarriage) I was afraid to think that I was because I had the normal pre-period cramps. I spoke with the OB today and she says it is completely normal. Sorry we are all uncomfortable but in 36 weeks-ish we will have happy and healthy babies. :D

• Options

imageruggles611:
    I hope it's normal! Haha. Before I tested, I was cramping in my hips, like my period was coming. When it didn't, I started getting a cramp-y feeling in my uterus. It doesn't really hurt, it's just annoying. Peeing makes the feeling go away. It's weird! 

I'm pretty sure this is because everything is growing/moving, and having a full bladder puts pressure on your already slightly crampy uterus! Atleast that what i figured. :) That's how I knew I was pregnant, after sex & when I really had to pee I was crampy!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I just found out I was pregnant yesterday but Ive been having cramp-ish feelings too :) Happy to see it's normal, cause I tend to freak myself out!  This is my first baby.  Happy I have this forum to talk things out so I don't drive my husband absolutely crazy!
  • Options
    This is will be my fourth child - but my youngest is almost 4 - I can't remember the cramping being this bad! :/ It begins again! We are very excited to meet our new addition! Still early days though!
  • Options
    Omg YES! I'm cramping too!  And I'm also peeing constantly! Arg!
  • Options
    Yes!! Cramps and more cramps! Just found out im four weeks pregnant with my third child and I don't remember this from before, but that was 8 years ago. It sure freaks me out sometimes, the cramps, but its a relief to read its a normal occurrence! 
  • Options
    I have also been cramping for about 2 weeks.  from what I am reading this is normal however, I am nervous since this is my 1st pregnancy and also my doc won't see me until week 8.  I called and talked to a nurse and she said to drink water and get off my feet.  I was thinking of calling tomorrow and asking to be seen sooner.  Can the doctor do anything at 5 weeks such as test HcG levels or do an ultrasound?  By the way - I am new-  so hello and congrats to everyone!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Feeling much better about having some cramping. Now that ive read what everyone else has wrote.
  • Options
    i jusst found out on monday night and ive been having bad cramps on my right side i believe i am 3 or 4 weeks now and i havent been able to go to the doctor because of hurricane sandyy -_____- but i hope all is well im gonna go to the doctor on friday morning i cant wait
  • Options
    just spoke to my dr. about the constant cramping. he said the cramping will continue until then end of my first trimester. he said to call him if i start to bleed red. brown is ok and i think he said pink is ok too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad i loged in to read everyone's post! I too feel bloated and campy....like I do just before my period only it's not going away. I feel like I'm peeing every other hour too :) Doc said this is normal first trimester stuff, but it's nice to hear other women say they are experiencing this too. Congrats to everyone!
  • Options
    Hahaha I feel cramping and I keep trying to tell myself that I'm not pregnant and this is an amazing dream but still no period or blood hahha in 4 1/2 weeks I hope things get better :
  • Options

ok I thought I was crazy because I have been peeing a lot too! I thought it was too soon for that but I guess not ;) I also called the doctor to ask about the cramps and they said that it is completely normal because your uterus is stretching already. As long as there isn't red blood I have been told that it's normal. 

BFP 1/7/13 CP 1/11/13
  • Options
    I'm on week 4 (found out 2 days before missed period) and also have a "heavy" uterus, dull cramping feeling. I had this same feeling when I conceived my daughter too! I pretty much felt preggo right away with the last one and now, and had cramps/"heavy" uterus feeling my whole pregnancy!
  • Options

I know this post is old, but I figured I'd put my 2 cents in for anyone looking for help.  When I was pg with DD I had what felt like my "pre-period cramps" throughout my entire pregnancy.  It was light cramping, not painful, just there.  It's the uterus stretching & growing. 

Also about 6 or 7 weeks pg I had some redish-brown spotting.  It was only on the TP and only lasted 1 day.  I called my OB who said it was likely "left over" from implantation or previous period. 

I hope this helps someone having these symptoms! 

• Options
    Thank you!!! Yes I had brown spotting yesterday with light cramps and it worries me. We've been TTC for 1.5 years and had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in July.

Praying for success!!!
  • Options
    bmw623bmw623 member
    This thread made me feel a whole bunch of relief! I had some cramping and a little brown spotting 2 days ago. (TMI? lol) But now the spotting is gone and just have mini-cramps. :-)

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker