2nd Trimester
Options

I swear my deodorant has stopped working!

I am putting it on 2-3 times a day and still can barely stand the smell of myself. Anyone have this? I have used this deodorant for YEARS but its just not cuttin it. What is wrong with my stinky self?
mr & mrs || 11.18.06
DD born 07.06.09 || DS born 01.24.11 || Bean 3.0 due 11.16.12

Re: I swear my deodorant has stopped working!

• Options

I was just saying that today too!!! It's not so much the smell, but the constant sweating!! I have been actually taking it easier at work (not being as active, staying in air conditioning, trying to sit more, etc.) and at the end of the day, I'm just drenched! It has to be hormones, cause I never used to sweat like this unless it was after a good workout!  Then again, caring for yourself and growing baby can feel like a workout at the end of the day! LOL

I wonder if the Clinical protection stuff would be safe to try...?

• Options
    It's normal - the hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause a change in how well your usual deodorant/antiperspirant work.  I have to change brands every time I buy a new stick of deodorant during pregnancy, and that mostly works.  By the end of the stick, I usually feel like I'm smelling pretty gross at the end of the day.  After pregnancy, I was able to go back to my usual brand with no problems.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just asked my DR last week if certain Dri was safe to use (since it has aluminum in it) and she said it was perfectly safe. Still doesnt work like it should, but it helps a little :)

• Options
    Lordy bee, I thought I was the only one with this problem, haha!   I think it's our raging hormones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've been using my DH's. 8 /
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I felt like that too but it seems the more I put on the worse I feel about it.  I switched to degree motion and it is working for me! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    the summer months are going to be tough lol...i have the same issue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ..lurking...I had this same problem after DS was born.  I tried Donna Karen deodorant, and don't ask me why, but it worked better than anything else.  You can only get it at a Donna Karen counter, and it is expensive, but worth it,
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    me too!!! also a spin off questoin...does anyone have a non aluminum deordant that works a bit..haha ( I am allergic to aluminum) so I have been using Toms but I feel like it is worthless!!! I'm about ready to swtich to mens because htey have so much more available without aluminum
  • Options
    I had skin issues under my arms for the first few months, so I have to use a natural deodorant now which is ok, but I am sweating more I feel and if I don't shower before bed I wake up stinky in the morning! I hate it! I used to wear clinical before hand, but now I can't use anything but natural and it works just ok, but definitely not as great as before, but I feel you. There's even been times when DH says I smell and I know if he can smell it then it must be pretty bad!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I tried about eight different brands and types when I was pregnant with DD, and nothing worked. Even after she was born, I was still sweating through clothes. Stupid hormones!
    I guess technically now I should be SecondBabyMomma Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Try DH's deodorant. It'll work better. I started using his a few months ago. Also, I carry a towel and soap. If I need to, mid day, I take a quick wash and reapply - especially if I've been outside for a few hours. I also just wash before I go to bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use my DH's, just works better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"