Baby Showers
Options

Who to Invite?

Both my family and my husband's family want to throw me a baby shower this summer/fall. My husband's fam will invite their relatives/family friends but I'm not sure what to do about the shower for my side. Obviously all family will be invited, but all of my close friends are spread throughout the country. My mom suggested she invite a lot of her close friends/family friends who want to come. Is that weird?

Re: Who to Invite?

• Options
    kjskjskjskjs member

imageMandJS:
    It's generally bizarre to me whenever anyone comes to a shower for someone they don't know. BUT. My mom does the same thing. If your mom is hostessing and wants to include her friends then... I would let her, personally. 

This is my thoughts too. My SIL is throwing mine and invited people she knows that are techinically related to DH but he has never met them because it's a distant relationship. I just go with it because she's hosting.

imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    ccamccam member

imageMandJS:
    It's generally bizarre to me whenever anyone comes to a shower for someone they don't know. BUT. My mom does the same thing. If your mom is hostessing and wants to include her friends then... I would let her, personally. 

I agree.  I have people coming to my showers that I won't "know" either.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"