September 2012 Moms

NBR: Area Rugs

I need recommendations on where to purchase a LARGE area rug. We have hardwood flooring in our living room - and would like to purchase a rug (at a decent price) before LO arrives. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Area Rugs

• We purchased one for our bedroom at Home Depot. It was very reasonably priced and have been happy with the quality.
  • If you have an Ollie's they have area rugs for good prices...the selection is a bit hit or miss, but def worth checking.  We also have one from Lowes that we really like and it wasn't too expensive.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ive had luck with Home Depot and Overstock.com
  • Do you have Home Goods? It's definetly hit or miss, but you can't beat thier prices! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We got a great shag carpet at The Dump (a store, not an actual dump). They were the cheapest we saw.

I've had good luck with sale sites like Gilt, HauteLook, etc. and my last rug was from Target and I loved it. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got one of ours at Home Depot and the other at Lowes.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just got a great rug from Wayfair.com. They have thousands of rugs in tons of sizes on there. I got a 5' round shag for LO's room for $126, free shipping, no tax. I googled a coupon and got $30 off the price!

• hmp1hmp1 member

I didn't realize The Dump was a chain. I have a rug from there that we bought in TX. They had a great selection at amazing prices.

I have a couple of rugs from RugsUSA.com.

My entry hall runner is from Home Goods or Tuesday Morning, can't remember which one. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• imagekyssmi88sd:
    Do you have Home Goods? It's definetly hit or miss, but you can't beat thier prices! 

I second this! 

• Do you have a discount carpet outlet near you?  We need an area rug for DD's new room and will check first at carpet outllets or Ollie's before we head to Target or Home Depot.  The area rug we have in our bedroom is from Target.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • do you have building 19?

its kind of a trashy store (IMO) and very hit or miss, but we scored two area rugs for great prices a few years ago and they held up really well!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • aly401aly401 member

I got a really awesome one (get compliments all the time on it) from Costco.

Ollies had some too but like OP said, that's hit or miss. 

• I agree with HomeGoods and Overstock.  I also like homedecorators.com- I believe they have a mailed catalog as well.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We just ordered one for our living room this weekend, funny. It was a 9x12.5' or something - randomly ordered from https://www.selectrugs.com/ which I just found by Googling.

The day we bought it, it was 40% off of everything. Today it looks like it's 30% off. 

They definitely have a lot of variety. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"