Pregnant after a Loss

Cant help but worry

This is my third pregnancy and the last two were losses. One miscarriage and one very painful ectopic. Im cramping a bit but so far only spotted one time when i went to the bathroom. Im dreading the next 2 months hoping baby will stick. DH is very supportive and thinks third time is the charm and says he has a good feeling about it. All I can do is wait it out. Made an appointment and checking my HCG tomorrow. Any ladies have any success stories? Advice or secrets anything that could ease the mind? would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Cant help but worry

• Congrats! The first trimester was so hard for me. I was constantly grabbing my boobs to make sure that they were still sore and would check the TP for blood every time I used the bathroom. I spotted for a few days around 6 weeks and was a basket case. It turned out to be nothing. I watched lots of bad t.v to help keep my mind off things. Honestly, it was the only thing that helped. I wish I had more advice, but I really don't. Oh, actually I would suggest finding someone you can talk to about your fears (your DH sounds great). I saw a therapist on a weekly basis and it really helped. Anyhow, I hope this is your sticky baby and here's to a H&H 9 months!
    BFP #1 6/11/11 Natural M/C 07/05/11 EDD 02/22/12

Third time's the charm!: IUI # 3 + HCG trigger shot = BFP#2 11/25/11 EDD 08/07/12

Iris was born 07/30/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

• image DianaChristineB:
    Congrats! The first trimester was so hard for me. I was constantly grabbing my boobs to make sure that they were still sore and would check the TP for blood every time I used the bathroom. I spotted for a few days around 6 weeks and was a basket case. It turned out to be nothing. I watched lots of bad t.v to help keep my mind off things. Honestly, it was the only thing that helped. I wish I had more advice, but I really don't. Oh, actually I would suggest finding someone you can talk to about your fears (your DH sounds great). I saw a therapist on a weekly basis and it really helped. Anyhow, I hope this is your sticky baby and here's to a H&H 9 months!

All of this. I made it through first tri by trying to avoid thinking about it anymore than I needed to but coming here for support when I felt up to talking about it. Seeing a therapist is a great suggestion. PgAL is a hard road. I sill find myself checking the toilet paper for blood.I does get easier though. Also counting sown to little milestones helped. For example, first I counted down to our first u/s at 6w, then first MW appointment at 8 weeks, then first loss milestone at 9w6d, then NT 2nd MW appointment at 12 weeks, then NT scan at 13w. Breaking it down into little steps made it seem less daunting.

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. I also always check TP to make sure. And my boobs r super sore all the time. Cramping gets better with more water. I guess we cant be sure until I get a U/S to make sure baby is in the right place. Can you believe the hosital I went to told me i was only 3 weeks when i was wayyyy farther along and baby was just in my tube.... day after that ambulance had to pick me up. NOT going there again. I want to rule out any possibility of the same thing happening. Hoping for the best thanks for your support.
  • I had an ectopic in feb and my dr made me come in the day I got a positive for bloodwork, go back two days later and then get a sono (I am maye 4-5 weeks) to rule out an ectopic. I would call your dr and see if they will do the same. It Definately gave me piece of mind.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi, I know exactly how you feel! I miscarried at 6 weeks. I spotted brown a few days before and then started bleeding heavily. 4 weeks after my mc, still no period and a positive test. Shortly after, I noticed some brown spotting. I immediately thought it was happening again so I went to the ER and they did an u/s that showed a sac no hb. I followed up with my OB 2 days later and he said I had most likely miscarried again but would have to wait 2 days so i would be over 6 weeks and get another u/s. I went and prepared for the worst and there was a little flicker. We both could not belive it. Up until 12 weeks i questioned everything. My symptoms only lasted a week (nausea sore nipples and tiredness) so by week 12 I thought something was wrong but my OB found the hb on the doppler! I just had my a/s scan 2 weeks ago and showed a healthy baby boy.

My advice for you is try to remain as calm as possible and realize all you can do is what is best for your baby, the rest is out of your hands. I hope everything works out for you :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Went to ER today hcg is at 95... not sure if its because im only 5 weeks or because its dropping. Tomorrow im going in for another lab and see if my HCG levels dropped or not. Not cool right before a vacation. Thanks for all your support willl update tomorrow :)