May 2012 Moms

Every time a health professional hears LO's weight.....

they look at me & ask if I had GD! I swear, this little one is still surprising people! I just look at her & think 'how did you fit in there?!?'. :)

Re: Every time a health professional hears LO's weight.....

• I got that with both my kids. DD was 9 pounds 6 ounces and DS was 10 pounds even. I passed both my GD test and even had my placenta sent to be tested after the birth of DS and everything came back normal. I just make big babies I guess. Oh and I am only five foot one.
  • What did/does your lo weigh?
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • Loading the player...
  • She was born last Wednesday weighing 9lbs 5oz & is now 9lbs 1oz.
  • Yep! I get that and get asked if I had a c-section. No on both counts! His sugar levels were completely normal at all of his hospital checks too :)
  • I'm actually the opposite - had a c/s (but not b/c of size, doc even thought she'd be 6 or 7lbs) and she had to have her levels checked a few times.
  • Same here! Baby girl was 9lbs 15oz and when people find out I didn't have a c-section they say "Really!? Wow....good job!" The nurses even joked about how I already lost all of my baby weight because she's about it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imagemelrrr:
    Yep! I get that and get asked if I had a c-section. No on both counts! His sugar levels were completely normal at all of his hospital checks too :)

Same here!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Same here. I was questioned all through my pregnancy because I was measuring 6 weeks ahead. She was 9 1/2 pounds at birth--and everyone asked if I had GD and she had to have her sugars taken every hour for the first few hours then right before she ate... ugh.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wow. You all have my respect. Both my kids were an ounce apart. Dd was 7lbs15oz, and DS was 7lbs14oz. I ended up with a near 3rd degree episiotomy both times. I wonder what it would have been with a 9 pounder.
  • Same thing with me!! They told me based in my stomach measurements ds2 would be around 9lbs. He was 10lbs 1oz and everyone was in shock! I am 5'3! Everyone when they hear his weight will say so I guess you had to have a csection. Nope sure didn't. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i was told he'd weigh 9lb 7oz...he weighed 10lb 8.6 oz... they were a little off...
    married 9/2010
    DS1 11/2010 (angel)
    DS2 5/2012
    DS3 4/2015
    New baby 6/2020
  • Yeah in addition to being 9lbs5oz, she's 22in! I think every nurse told me I couldn't have delivered her. Which I when I saw her head (the first thing I saw) I was so thankful that I didn't get to the point to try! Don't think it would have been fun pushing out 14 inches of head! :)
  • I had GD and was worried I'd have a ginormous baby because every time I mentioned it that was the first thing out of their mouth...your baby is going to be huge!!!  Baby girl was 6lbs 3oz.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"