quick background: DD has tested positive for a dairy allergy. She has had reactions to soy and fish through my diet (BM) and hives from peanut contact.
She was on Nutramigen for 2 weeks with little/ no change. We switched to Alimentum and she has been on that for a month now. I have def. noticed some change in her - but I feel like it's not enough. She is still itchy and has eczema flareups almost every week. She is still congested and seeminlgy still uncomfortable (but still much better than before). I feel like we could possibly take this a step further and put her on Neocate or Elecare and see if that brings her to where I feel she should be -- a happy non tearing off her face baby.
I sent an email to the pedi and I am waiting on a response back. Please give me your opinion -- I'm inclined not to even wait on a response from pedi and just follow my gut and make the switch.
If you have experience with Elecare of Neocate can you shed some insight on taste? Also we have been using the ready to feed version of Alimentum - Necoate/ Elecare both come in powdered versions only. I have no idea how long a can would last us (we go through 32oz of RTF each day). Do you order online? I don't think it's carried in stores.