TTC After a Loss

Oh, the jealousy...

I'd like to blame my insane emotional reaction last night to the large amounts of wine I consumed, but the reality is that I'm still bummed today and I wish I wasn't.

I basically deduced that a friend is PG last night after she drank only coke, mysteriously didn't have a glass of champagne at her seat during the toast, etc.  I talked with another friend about it and she had noticed the same things.

I think it's hard to find out anyone is PG when you aren't, but this friend actually said that she never wanted to have another kid again after her DS was born a couple of years ago.  Her husband convinced her, I guess, and it happened really quickly for them.  So I'm bitter... and angry... and jealous.  It's not fair that we just passed the one year mark of trying for #2, have gone through two miscarriages, and they had zero plans to have #2 but apparently snapped their fingers and she's PG.

So as we drove home from a very happy, very lovely wedding, I sobbed my face off and DH didn't know what to do with me.  Which makes it even worse, sometimes, when I feel like I'm nuts because he's not as upset as I am.

Ugh.  And I have to have surgery on Wednesday to remove my stupid ovarian cysts.  Kick me while I'm down.  So help me, if my OB tells me that BD is off limits for an extended amount of time post surgery, I may drop kick her.  I'm pretty sure I will O in the next week.  And I REFUSE to let another month go to waste (last month DH was traveling at the key time).

Vent over.  Thanks for letting me get that out. I think I'll have more wine...

~October PAL Siggy Challenge: Funny Pet Costumes~

DS born 3/12/09.

BFP #2 - 5/9/11. EDD 1/7/12. MMC 6/6/11. BFP #3 - 1/24/12. EDD 10/6/12. MC 2/14/12.

BFP #4 - 8/30/12. EDD 5/11/13. Our rainbow arrived a month early - 4/11/13. 

image image

For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

Re: Oh, the jealousy...

• kiki4kiki4
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments Name Dropper
    Sorry you had a rough night last night...((hugs))
    BFP 1/19/12 No heartbeat at 7w4d 3rd dose Cytotec 3/1/12
    *PGAL/PAL Welcome*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

My Ovulation Chart

• Sorry you had a bad night. I know it just makes it harder when DH does not get upset like we feel he should. ((HUGS))
    BFP#1~12/99~DS born 8/24/00 BFP#2~10/02~edd7/2/03~m/c @ 9weeks
    BFP#3~2/03~DS born 9/29/03 BFP#4~12/05~DS born 8/3/06
    BFP#5~9/07~edd6/15/08~m/c @ 6weeks
    BFP#6~1/12~edd 9/16/12~m/c 2/22/12 @ 10weeks3days
    BFP#7~6/12~edd 2/22/13~c/p
    BFP#8~2/4/12~DD born 10/23/13  

Everyone always welcome!!
  • ((Hugs)) to you! It's normal to feel the way you're feeling. I found out yesterday that a friend is expecting, too--and had the ugliest cry I've had in weeks. In January they decided to TTC #2, and she got KTFU in March. I'm so jealous I could puke. :(
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • I'm so sorry you had to go through this. It's so hard when people get KU quickly. It's the worst when it's a "surprise" ugghhh

BFP 4/4/12 CP 4/10/12

9/20/2013 Came home with our little miracle from the Philippines

11/26/2013 Surprise!!! BFP!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It does seem like the people who "don't want kids" or the people who fight (and make it public) all the time who have no issues having kids?

I am sorry that you had a rough time last night.

BFP #1 4/11/11 - EDD 12/23/11 - m/c at 9 weeks BFP #2 11/18/11 - EDD 7/24/11 - m/c at 5 weeks Anniversary My Ovulation Chart
  • Oh hon I'm sorry...I can completely understand, I heard about a woman who got KU and wasn't even married the other day and I pretty much lost it...life is so cruel and unfair sometimes.  And I know what you mean about DH's just not knowing what to do with us.

Cheers to our misery, I'll drink to it with ya.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    TTC #1 Since April 2011
    BFP #1: 5/12/11, EDD 1/13/12, missed M/C confirmed 6/15/11. We miss you Elijah.

LAP/hysteroscopy 8/28/12 to remove uterine septum and stage 3 endo
    10/2/12 Medicated Cycle #1: Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFP!!!
    BFP#2: 10/25/12, EDD 7/9/13, Born 7/18/13! It's a girl!
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28
    Patiently waiting for my buddy jenn0021 to join me on PGAL
    My blog
  • I am sorry for the rough night and good luck on the surgery wednesday. I would guess that will make you ovulate late won't it? Every tiny thing throws me way out of wack but maybe you are different, at any rate, hopefully you are able to BD when it is necessary!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since Summer 2011
    BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • EKGibsEKGibs
    Ancient Membership 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    (((((((((hugs)))))))))))
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• I have also discovered friends are pregnant before they announce, and it sucks.  I am sorry.  ((hugs))

• (((hugs))) I've been there too. It's not fair!

My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

Laura Kate arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

photo 50a6869bd4cc2d7277b7a4b6183fc775_zps23b3d254.jpg
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry for the rough night.  Your feelings of jealousy are totally normal.  ((HUGS)) and good luck on the upcoming surgery.
    DD 9/2/13

• image dillngr9:

So as we drove home from a very happy, very lovely wedding, I sobbed my face off and DH didn't know what to do with me.  Which makes it even worse, sometimes, when I feel like I'm nuts because he's not as upset as I am.

This. Exactly. I feel this exact same way most of the time when I get upset. 

I just want to give you a huge hug. You're not nuts. They just don't feel it the way we do. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I know the feeling. I was pretty upset when i found out all 3 of my closest friends were pregnant and i wasnt... I had lost two babies and they all got PG right after I met them... NOT fair. not the case now. but its so hard to be happy for them when you wanted something they now have for so long, and it just fell into their laps.
  • Yeah that sucks hun, I'm sorry it ruined the wedding for you. I personally find jealousy the hardest part of TTCAL Sad. And also DH thinking I'm crazy when I get upset over a pregnancy announcement. I wish I wasn't so emotional and could turn off my feelings. Wouldn't it be nice to have a switch?

((Hugs))

BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • You all are so wonderful.  Thank you for reaffirming that I'm not crazy and understanding my feelings.  It's really hard to be at work today now because the friend's husband works with me so when I see him, it's all I can think about.

I hadn't even processed that surgery ON MY OVARIES could delay ovulating.  I guess that could be a good thing... but hopefully it doesn't throw me too off!

I decided another perk has to be that removing 17 cm of cyst should help me on the scale a bit, huh?  :)

~October PAL Siggy Challenge: Funny Pet Costumes~

DS born 3/12/09.

BFP #2 - 5/9/11. EDD 1/7/12. MMC 6/6/11. BFP #3 - 1/24/12. EDD 10/6/12. MC 2/14/12.

BFP #4 - 8/30/12. EDD 5/11/13. Our rainbow arrived a month early - 4/11/13. 

image image

For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

• Big (((((HUGS)))))). You're right, it's not easy to hear others are PG when it's what you want so badly. I'm sorry. Sad
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Blog: One Emerald
    BFP#1: 9-13-11 EDD: 5-26-12 MMC: 11-4-11 D&C: 11-8-11
    BFP#2: 7-6-12 Elizabeth Faye ("Zuzu") born 3-21-13
  • That is so hard!

I mean, I would probably have the same exact reaction as you did.

You are not nuts!

Here's hoping that this coming surgery does tip the scale, and even if you have a short pelvic rest, it's a beneficial one!

image★´¯`•.¸¸.°¤TTCAL/PGAL/PAL Welcome,imageare not¤°.¸¸.•´¯`★image
    imageimageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    נשמה שבאה לעולם למספר חודשים לשהות במעי האם, היא נשמת צדיק גמור שבאה לעולם רק לתקן פגם קטן ולאחר מספר חודשים אלו היא שבה למקומה לגן עדן להתענג על ה'. לעתיד לבוא נשמה זו תוכר באחד מבנייך ובזכות נשמת צדיק זה תזכי להיות במחיצת צדיקים
    TTC Since September 2011
    BFP#1:Dec.1.11 EDD:Aug.09.12 MC:Jan.11.12 (9WK5D)-Natural
    BFP#2:Apr.18.12 EDD:Dec.21.12 MC:May.1.12 (6WK3D)-D&C
    BFP#3:Sep.12.12 - Suspected CP | BFP#4:Dec.1.12 - Suspected CP
    BFP#5: Dec.26.12 EDD:Sep.10.13 MC:Jan.7.13 (4WK6D)-Natural
    BFP#6: Jun.11.13 EDD:Feb.23.13 Beta: #1=8000 #2=24532 US@6wk2d showed 7wk2d size with 143BPM HR * NT US@12wk6d looked good. A/S passed with flying colors and our team color is Blue! *Grow my little Pamplemousse*!!!
    pregnancy

• You hav ALL the right to feel the way you do and no one should tell you to just be happy for someone when it hurts you. People who say that are insensitive and dont know what you have really been through from your point of view. Dont worry, I had an ectopic pregnancy and before that i was TTC for a year... im pregnant again. I honestly thought i couldnt have kids after they removed my left fallopian tube. I was wrong. My secret, weird, but i took regular multivitamins. The one a day ones and magically, it just happened. And I wasnt expecting it. :) I thought id be thrown off too. Dont be discouraged at all. HUGS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards