Pregnant after a Loss

Dumb mistake -- drink your water!

I know we all "know" to stay hydrated, but I learned my lesson the hard way yesterday! It got up to almost 100* in Denver yesterday, and I got distracted and stopped slugging down water while we were at a BBQ last night with some friends I hadn't seen for a while. I started feeling funny, but I thought it was just sitting in a strange chair and eating too many cupcakes. Embarrassed My stomach really started hurting and cramping when we got in the car to drive the hour home. When I had my "duh" moment and realized it was because I had only had two glasses of lemonade in the past four hours, we were in the middle of a long stretch with no towns or even gas stations. When we finally found one, DH ran in and got me the biggest bottle of water he could find. I drank it in 15 minutes flat and then chugged down another glass once we got home. It was really painful -- if I hadn't read other people's posts about dehydration I definitely would have gone to the hospital. It took about an hour for the contractions to subside, but they finally did. We aren't leaving the house without bottled water for the rest of the summer!
BFP #1 9.5.11, natural m/c 9.9.11 BFP #2 11.16.11, Lena Mae born 7.14.12!

Re: Dumb mistake -- drink your water!

• Yikes!  So glad you're ok!
    Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

• Glad everything is okay, I've been counting my glasses/bottles of water each day to try and help me keep on task with liquids...I even told DH to always ensure I have water in my hand.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

Anniversary

• That's scary! I'm glad everything was okay- I'll admit that I slack sometimes, too. I have to make a conscious effort to drink water, because I never feel thirsty. I live in Denver, too- the heat + plain old dryness out here is killer!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Displaying photo.JPG Displaying photo.JPG
                                                       TTC since Feb 2010
                              BFP #1- 7.03.10 Missed MC, d&c 8.9.10 (10 wks)
                              BFP #2- 12.16.10 Natural MC 12.25.10 (6 wks)
                              BFP #3- 2.19.12 Welcome baby girl! (Oct 26, 2012)
                              BFP #4- 1.11.14  Due in September- 2 under 2
                Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • quezzoquezzo
    Fifth Anniversary
    I'm glad you are ok! That does sound scary! 
    Keira Lynn Q - Born alive and healthy July 26, 2012 - My miracle among miracles.

Alexander James - born still June 20, 2011 at 25w3d - We love you to the moon and back.

BLOG: www.alexanderqsmommy.com

Diagnosed with High Killer Cells, MTHFR (one copy), borderline Thrombophilia, Protein S Deficiency and Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome

Missed m/c 11w2d on April 3, 2010; natural m/c at 6w on July 17, 2010; and natural m/c at 4w on Oct. 7, 2011

• wow omg glad youre ok.t I didnt realize how dangerous that was. I cant help but drink something with flavor so i sometimes forget  to drink water but at night i do need water and only water. I will carry my 1 liter bottle everywhere.
  • I'm so glad you're ok!  I sometimes have to remind myself of that fact too.  I know someone on this board had suggested the waterlogged app for your phone and I downloaded it.  I have to say that app really has helped keep me accountable for drinking water.  Whoever suggested it - thank you!
    BFP #1 8/13/09,EDD 4/26/10, Tanner, no longer with us on 10/6/09
    BFP#2 11/3/11, EDD 7/13/12. DD was born 7/12/12
    BFP #3 7/14/14 EDD 3/28/15  Please stay with us LO!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ALL "AL" ALWAYS WELCOME!

• Jo2013Jo2013
    100 Comments First Anniversary
    So glad you're ok! Thanks for the reminder, I just refilled my cup!! I'm in Denver too!!!! It sure was a hot one yesterday, nice break today though!
    BFP#1 - 8/30/2010, natural M/C 10/3/2010 BFP#2 - 5/13/2012 (Mother's Day!) grow baby grow! Baby boy born 1-11-13!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker http://www.thebump.com/profiles/Jo2013/settings/avatar/index#
  • Scary! I'm glad everything's ok. I slacked on my water the other day and felt like poop. Not doing that again. 
    ** Labor buddies with E3A7AGGIE! ** Photobucket Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Scary! I'm glad you're okay, though, and that you got to it before just drinking water wouldn't have helped.
  • Thanks so much ladies!! Stay healthy!
    BFP #1 9.5.11, natural m/c 9.9.11 BFP #2 11.16.11, Lena Mae born 7.14.12!