January 2013 Moms

Pain under breast/above stomach?

So, I was rudely awoken last night (around 11pm - went to bed around 9pm) by some serious pain under my breasts, but above my stomach.  The best thing I can use to describe it was that of extreme hunger (but I ate dinner at 6:30 and got water ice around 7:30).  I felt dizzy and nauseous.  It went away after about an hour or so of rubbing it out, and (tmi) some releasing of gas.  Anyone else experience this?

I would like to call my Dr about it, but right now I am in between 2 offices, as I really disliked my first OB and my next appt in June 26th with my new OB.  So my second question is, who would you call?   The one whom you have already seen but don't trust?  Or the new one who hasn't even seen you yet?

TTGP Nov Siggy Challenge - Animals being jerks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pain under breast/above stomach?

• It was probably just gas. If you want some reassurance, I would get in contact with your new OB even if you haven't met them yet. 
    Love, Peace and Rock & Roll the urban ellas Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You new OB probably won't give you any advice if you haven't seen them yet because of legal issues. Call your old OB or even go to the ER if it gets really bad. Good luck!

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • JJsMumJJsMum
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I've had this before and it really was just gas.  My OB probably giggled a bit after she saw me because apparently it's fairly common.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 Siggy Challenge - Gross Holiday Food 
    Well, I used to like stuffing!
  • I hope I'm wrong but this sounds like a gallbladder attack from gallstones.  It can be common in pregnancy and the location and pain sounds just like it.  I had some bad attacks last year and had my gallbladder removed (my attacks were very severe). Definitely get it checked out and if you have a severe attack head to the ER right away.
  • image weddinginbloom:
    I hope I'm wrong but this sounds like a gallbladder attack from gallstones.  It can be common in pregnancy and the location and pain sounds just like it.  I had some bad attacks last year and had my gallbladder removed (my attacks were very severe). Definitely get it checked out and if you have a severe attack head to the ER right away.

yep. if it starts wrapping around to your back, that's a big sign too.

I couldn't breathe mine hurt so bad. Went into a panic attack on top of it. FINALLY found a dr who knew what they were doing and got dx'd with severe gallstones. felt like a new person when I got it out.

Could also just be gas though. If it happens again, write it down and keep a journal. what you ate/drank that day. certain foods set mine off.  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like heartburn to me. I've had something similar. Tums really helps. If you sit up when you're sleeping it helps too. 

Anniversary

• I'm pretty sure that's how my gallbladder pain started last year while I was pregnant it did end up getting to be an excruciating pain towards the end of my pregnancy.  Which I ended up getting my gallbladder remove a month after the baby was born, I would talk to your Dr regarding this he'll probably say to see if this will recurr again and then maybe order an u/s to diagnose it.
  • I get the same pain pretty often all my friends who have been pregnant says it's gas pain. I had my  gallbladder removed over 2 years ago so I know that's not it with me. It's just gas for me, if it gets bad take some tums and if that doesn't work go to the ER. Hope it gets better
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If the pain went away after a bit and from releasing gas, I would say it is just gas.  Yes, pregnant women are more prone to gallbladder problems, but the pain is excruciating and unbearable.  If you could lay there, it is probably gas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had something similar....It was gas. I had to walk it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards