Trying to Get Pregnant

1 Day Late But Negative Test - Anyone?

I am on a regular 28 day cycle. I am officially 1 day late. Took a test in the am the day after my expected period. It shows negative. I feel bloated, a bit of pressure, & I am also cramping.

I have been pregnant twice in the past and both them pregnancies I tested positive the day after my period was to be expected.  

I am using one of the best test out the, clear blue digital (with the minimal hcg test levels).....Still negative. 

How many days late can one be and still get a negative?

Re: 1 Day Late But Negative Test - Anyone?

• Jennifer (29) & Don (33) Married 11-11-11

2 cats (Tinker & Skitz) and lots of reptiles! ~Hyperprolactinemia due to pituitary microadenoma~

Expecting our first - Due March 3, 2012! BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Unless you're tracking your ovulation (with a reliable means, not just assuming that you ovulate on day 14) then you can't really say that AF is "late". It usually just means that you ovulated later than usual. (Stress, illness etc...) Check out the newbie link for more info:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/42877040.aspx

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Loading the player...
  • You might have ovulated late, in which case you aren't really late.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I think it depends on your hcg levels. You can always test again tomorrow morning.  You also could of ovulated later than normal.
  • I am usually on a regular 28 day cycle too, this month it was 38. Sometimes you ovulate later and therefore have a later period. It happens. Test until you get your a positive, your period or hit 60 days, then call a doctor.

TTC #1 Since Feb 2012
    Me: 31, DH: 32
    Bloodwork, HSG, and SA = All Good

RE Cycle #1: 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, and TI = BFP on June 8!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Beta #1 115, Beta #2 244, 8 week ultrasound shows one beautiful gummy bear and heartbeat!

• imageMrsA111111:

THIS.

Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If you tested negative then you're not pregnant. If you don't track your temp then you don't know when you ovulated so you probably aren't late. I bet your period is coming in the next few days...
    TTC #2 Since January 2012 Chemical Pregnancy September 2012Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • vpinevpine member
    Here's my story: before I start taking morning daily temps and knowing when I ovulated, I was  regular 28 cycle, I was late 1 week once and all tests were negative. I went to the gyno hoping I was pregnant but the blood tests confirmed I was not, they prescribed provera for period to reappear. Once I started temping (which I recommend), I was able to know when I ovulated. You might have ovulated late.
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • imagepgermain11:
    imageMrsA111111:

THIS.

YesYes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just as an example, I am currently on CD46, 13 days late, and negative HPT.

It's a good idea to try an OPK or temping to understand when you ovulate, recommendations from this site have convinced me to start both kinds of tracking. Been 7 months of "just winging it", those day are now over >:(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Negative test = Not pregnant. Not a hard concept.

BFP 4/4/12 CP 4/10/12

9/20/2013 Came home with our little miracle from the Philippines

11/26/2013 Surprise!!! BFP!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"