May 2012 Moms

We joined team...

Blue!

Just realized that I never posted Evan's birth story or even told you all that he was here.  I've been reading posts on my Nook during our middle of the night feedings, but it's a pain to post on there.  Oh well, in honor of him being 1 month today...here is my little man's story!

We were set to be induced on Tuesday, May 8th (due to an upcoming business trip for DH), but woke up with the start of contractions at 5:30 Monday morning.  The morning went extremely fast.  Contractions started about a half hour apart, but quickly dropped to 12, then 6, then 3 minutes.  I called DH home from work and we headed towards the hospital while they fluctuated between 3 and 5 minutes.  I was between 6 and 7 cm when I checked in at the hospital and they were fighting the new computer system to get all my info in so they could order the epidural.  I was getting nervous when they kept saying they hoped they had time to give it, but luckily they did!

After pushing for a little over 2 hours, Evan Patrick (both family names) arrived at 6:47pm at 7lbs 9oz and 19.5in.  When we let both families back to reveal that there was a new baby boy, we shared the name with them.  We told my MIL that Evan was the Welsh form of John (her brother who died when he was young).  She immediately recognized a connection and informed us that John was born in June of 1947 (6/47).  We were reminded a few days later that the day Evan was born would have been my friend Michael's 30th birthday.  He was killed in Iraq 8 years ago.  Needless to say, it's the perfect birth date and time for such a special boy.

Re: We joined team...