Ohio Babies

Let's do a GTKY post...

Athena0809Athena0809 member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

I'm glad they switched back to the old format, but all the old posts were lost and I stopped even lurking months ago, but I decided it to give this board another try, so I hope you'll humor me...

Tell us a little about you...

Family

Area

Interests

Re: Let's do a GTKY post...

• I'm a SAHM to my one year old boy, DH works outside the home and we have two weiner dogs. We currently live in the Columbus/Dublin line but will be moving just outside of clintonville at the end of the month. I'm really into living green/nontoxic [shameless plug} I have a blog about it, and love exploring all the family/babies friendly spots in Columbus!

Your turn!

• This board is so dead, then again I barely have any time to get on here anyways !

My husband and I have two little boys and no pets. We live in Pickerington, and we both have full time jobs. We treasure family vacations, we love to go to our parents' house to play games, and tomorrow is Brady and Nolan's big Birthday Party (they were born 8 days apart). We are super excited which is why I'm up at 3am ! 

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there! My husband and i live in Gahanna. We are pregnant with our first child, but we do have two furbabies, two cats. We are both transplants, so we don't have any family around, but they are within a couple of hours so we do go visit with them. We also like to dine out and go to movies. Along with a full time job, I also sell rubber stamps and card making supplies and host monthly card groups for those who have picked up the hobby as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My name is Jenna. I have a 13 month little boy named Bentley, and a fiance (Patrick). We live in Canal Winchester. I love spending time outside, and with my family! I am a photographer, and SAHM. If you guys ever need pictures you can visit my FB photog page...https://facebook.com/jennarosaliephotography :)
    JennaRosaliePhotography.com | Facebook.com/JennaRosaliePhotography
  • jenm84jenm84 member
    My husband and I are pregnant with our first baby, we do also have a couple fur babies (Cocker spaniel and Lab/Boxer mix).  We live over in the Gahanna/Blacklick area, but are looking to move to the Pickerington area in the near future.  We enjoy being outdoors, camping/boating, spend time w/ his family up in Westerville, traveling to NY to visit mine. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • This is baby #3 and will be the last one. We have a 14 year old daughter and another daughter that will be 1 tomorrow! I am a new SAHM. My job was eliminated at the first of the year so we guess it was meant to be. I'm also a newer type 1 diabetic (I was diagnosed during my pregnancy last year when I went into DKA!). Along with my age (37), this makes a high-risk pregnancy. The upside? Many ultrasounds...

We've got 2 dogs and 2 cats, and we live close to Obetz. I've lived in Columbus all of my life. We don't get out as much as we used to :o) My husband is vegan so going out to eat is sometimes a challenge.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a SAHM to my almost 4 month old daughter Olivia, and my husband works full time.  We live right outside of Westerville.  We're not originally from Columbus so we don't have any family in the area, and since we just moved here a little over a year ago we really don't have any friends yet either lol.  We have a dog (sheltie) and a cat.  For fun we like to explore the local parks, try new restaurants, and I love to cook.   

• I'm Erica. Live in Grove City, work in Dublin. Have a DH, 7 month old baby boy, and two cats. We enjoy spending time at the pool or finding new parks to walk around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm Brie and live on the New Albany/Westerville border with my husband.  We are expecting our first baby October 7th.... a baby girl who we're still trying to settle on a name.  We also have two little French Bulldogs.  We love sports... sand vball, paintball, etc so unfortunately I'll be out of the fun for this summer.
  • Hello!

Husband and I live in Grove City, neither of us are from Ohio, although my parents retired and moved to Pickerington after my sister moved to Canal Winchester :) (Husbands family is in Texas). Husband works for the State, and I work for OSUMC.

We are expecting our first in December, and we are very excited. Although we have two rescue dogs; Snickers and Scout.

Interests include pretty much everything. We love going to baseball games, traveling and trying all sorts of new things whenever we get a chance!

"I will not eat fruit unless it is in loop or pebble form!" Stephen Colbert BabyFruit Ticker image image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hello!  I'm Whitney, though some friends call me Winny for short. I'm a 32-year-old 1st time mother-to-be who is expecting a baby boy in mid-October.  I'll apologize in advance for my tendancy to write long and rambling posts.

My husband Justin is from the Great Lakes area in Northern Ohio, but Gahanna has always been my hometown and that's where we've settled.  I LOVE my new house (another first for both of us) and I've already fixed up the nursery, even though most people tell me it's "too early for that"... hah!  We have one dog, a black lab-shepherd mix who is very loving and obedient. It terrifies me that she is getting on in the years because she is irreplaceable.

I'm very grateful for the support of my mom, dad, and sister who also live in Gahanna just five minutes away. My younger brother lives in Dublin, which is not too far either. Neither of my siblings have kids, so the whole family is stoked to be an aunt/uncle/grandparent for the first time.

Justin and I are both in the IT industry. I provide tech support for the nurses, doctors, and staff at OhioHealth hospitals and neighborhood care sites throughout central Ohio. He's a network admin for Arrow-Intechra,  which is a computer & electronics recycling company.  Since Steph brought it up, I thought it was worth mentioning that his job has given him more interest and appreciation for "green" living... we've even done our nursery in a cute recycling trucks theme. 

I suppose you could say we are both proud geeks. We love to play computer games, board games, dungeons & dragons, and LARPing occasionally on summer weekends. We love fantasy/sci-fi books, movies, TV shows, as well as comic books and graphic novels. While he is more practical, I am the "creative one" and also enjoy writing, painting (acrylic or digital), and sketching with charcoal. 

My newest hobby is somewhat atypical, considering my usual interests... water gardening!  I came upon it unexpectedly. The house we just purchased had a neglected goldfish/koi pond in the backyard. I was nervous at first, because I knew nothing about ponds except that they were supposedly a lot of work. Justin wanted nothing to do with it, and our first thought was to give the fish away and have it filled in. But it seemed like a lot of time and money had already been invested by one of the previous owners, and I decided to give it a try and see for myself just how much work it would be.

The more time I spend working on it, the more I find I love it!  Now I've got the skimmer pump and waterfall working again. I've added a lot of oxygenating plants, and the lily pads aren't blooming yet but they're getting huge. Green algae in the water continues to be an issue, but only an asthetic one - the biological filter is doing a fine job and the water quality is good. The fish are healthy and happy.

Lately after a stressful day at work, I make a beeline to my pond to trim weeds and rearrange rocks. It has become my little zen place.

- Whitney

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Hello! I live in Canal Winchester with my husband, 4 month old baby girl, dog (Jager, German Shepherd/Lab mix) and 2 cats (Romeo and Shorty). I'm originally from Springfield and I came to Columbus to go to Ohio State. I met DH through some mutual friends, and since Columbus is mid-way between our families we decided to stay here :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"