Baby Names
Options

Good sibling names for a Nicholas?

Just thinking ahead for if we have another boy.

What do you like with Nicholas?

Christopher and Scott are out. 

I like Declan, but it doesn't go with our last name. I also like Rowan. Just to give you some ideas of what we have considered. 

Thanks!

Re: Good sibling names for a Nicholas?

• Options
    I can see Nicholas in a sibset with Dominic, Anthony, Frederick, Patrick and Daniel.

• Options

Nathan, Theodore, Francis

Eta- William? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm kind of over Declan. It is getting too popular and is kind of trendy. To go with Nicholas, I like: Daniel, Brent, Timothy, Jonathan, Jacob, etc. 

The two young Nicholases that I know have brothers named Jacob and Joshua.

Good luck. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ohh I like William! Though our LN starts with a W. Does that matter?

Jacob is my sister's boy name if she ever has one. I don't believe in claiming names, but I have too much respect for to take that since she loves it so much :) 

I like the idea of Benjamin, I just don't know if I could actually use it.

• Options

I don't really think of Declan or Rowan as siblings for a Nicholas. Of course, sibling names don't need to match, but these seem to be very different styles ? Nicholas is a saint's name that has been in the top 200 since the beginning of the SSA data, while Declan and Rowan are riding the Celtic trend wave of the past 15 years. There's nothing wrong with Declan or Rowan, so use them if you love them, but if you are concerned about a good sibset, I'd try:

Nicholas and Peter

Nicholas and Anthony

Nicholas and Andrew

Nicholas and Daniel

Nicholas and Gregory

Nicholas and Phillip

Nicholas and Timothy

• Options

I love the name Nicholas and when I think of a good sibset I think of similar traditional names. Thomas, Benjamin, Jonathan, Christopher, Nathaniel, etc. I like Declan and Rowan but if you are wanting to keep a similar style I don't think they work.  

The Fight  Against Boredomimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Andrew

Benjamin

Colin

Daniel

Ethan

Fredrick 

Gregory

Jo(h)nathan 

Michael

Nathaniel

Patrick

Robert

Samuel

Timothy

William

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    BLPL101BLPL101 member
    Nicholas is really classic so I see a sibset like Matthew, Daniel, David, Zachary, Luke, Jonathan, Michael, Nathan

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I like the names Matthew or Benjamin best out of all the suggestions to go with Nicholas... they have similar shortened names that go well with Nick too - Matt, Ben.

How about using one of them and Rowan or Declan as a mn, if you don't already have one?  Good luck!

• Options

My BFF has a Nicholas; her other sons are Andrew and Maxwell.

I'd stick with other timeless, saints' names for your sibset. Suggestions: Theodore, George, Gregory, Charles, Henry, Michael, Peter, Paul, Anthony, Phillip, Stephen, Luke, Martin.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS is Leonardo and Nicholas is at the top of the list for baby n.2 (Leo and Nico)

Others that I think work are Dominic and Alexander

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

I know 2 Nicholas/Alexander sibsets, which I love.

Other Nicholases I know have brothers named Adam, Andrew and Samuel.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the classic names. And FWIW, I love the name...it was on our long list for #2.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"