Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

hand,mouth,foot disease

Evan has a fever and some red bumps on his butt.  he has small blisters (like 2,3) on his foot.  we cant look in his mouth, he wont let us...does it sound like it? he is going to the doc this morning, but i just wanted to see what others thought.  he doesnt have a rash or bumps anywhere else on his body.

Thanks

Jenn

Re: hand,mouth,foot disease

• How's he eating? We just got over it here and it was horrible. Our doctor said the rash generally won't come until the fever has broken, which may be why you don't see much yet. But Henry barely ate anything for a week, and that was his first symptom.
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • yesterday he did not want to eat much at all and then we felt him and realized he had a fever.  the rash is still only around his butt and a few blisters on toes...i cant check his mouth, but nothing on arms, belly, etc.

• It sounds like Hand Foot and Mouth. ALot of times besides not eating and the fever and rash children act perfectly normal. My friends son just got over it and the only reason you knew he was sick is the fever and eating, he was running around acting perfectly normal.
  • Thanks...we are going on a disney cruise on Sat!! and i was upset this morning becasue i thought about pox, but it is no where else on his body and he did have the vaccine (but so did i and i am not immune)
  • image Kitty1225:
    Thanks...we are going on a disney cruise on Sat!! and i was upset this morning becasue i thought about pox, but it is no where else on his body and he did have the vaccine (but so did i and i am not immune)
    Dod he get the vaccine within the last three weeks?  If so it can be a reaction to the vaccine. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeap- sounds like it. Is he really fussy and not into eating? What about anything on his hands?

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• no, he had the vaccine a while ago. 

his hands have a few small blisters...not a ton and still nothing on rest of body