Attachment Parenting
Options

Ergo

My son is almost 3 weeks old and I think we are ready for a carrier! I've read so many positive things about the ergo , but is it for little babies too? Which model? Also, is it appropriate for wearing around the house to do chores etc? Also looking at ktan. Not super good at wrapping so I'm a little intimidated by moby. Wanna get one today, help and opinions appreciated..

Re: Ergo

• Options
    I highly recommend the new Boba carrier. You don't need an insert and it has a ton of useful features. I used the older model for my DD when she was a toddler and the new one can be used for infants. The Portable Baby has a great carrier comparison chart on their website.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I used the K'tan to 6 months and 20ish lbs.  I absolutely LOVED it and it was super easy to use alone.  I just rented an Ergo and a Boba to see which one I want to buy and I hated the straps on the Boba, the padding was too short and they cut into the back of my arms.  The Ergo was extremely comfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

my baby is 6w & i only bough the moby wrap when i was pregnant ,,

i used it since 2nd week but as u said the wrapping part is not easy & it takes a bit of time ,,,

im planning to get the Ergo but i just bought the ring sling ( dr.sears) from amazon ,, it looks sooooo simple to put on & looks better than the ergo ( much cheaper too )

so i'll try & hopefully will love it ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have the Ergo and I LOVE it!

I got it for my second, when my first went to preschool I had to use my hands and carry him around.  I used it until he was 2 and a bit, once he was more steady on his feet and i could put him down without thinking he would fall over.

I plan on using it for my third.  it will be the first time with the insert though. 

It is sooooooo comfortable and easy on your back.  I have spinal stenosis, arthritis and a severly herniated disc in my lower back and I didn't have any troubles with the Ergo.  I couldnt even feel him there and you can also use it as a back carrier as well.  My sister in law did that a lot with her dd.

Well, well, well worth every penny it cost.

Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the Beco Gemini and highly recommend it.  I started using it at about 3 weeks pp  I would have used it sooner than that but I was waiting for my c/s incision to heal some before using a carrier.
  • Options

My daughter is super finicky. We have gone through several carriers and I have done extensive research on each one. We currently have a Moby, an Ergo, a Bjorn, and a Ktan. lol

The Ergo is GREAT for getting things done around the house. You do need the insert and it is pretty thick, so I usually only put her in her onesie with it on so she doesn't overheat. We have the basic Ergo.

I use the Ktan Breeze when we are out and about, especially outdoors. Now that it's summer, the material is not as thick as their standard model and she doesn't get too hot.  I use this ALL the time and I love it.  I use it grocery shopping, Target trips, out to eat--everywhere.  It is super slick to use.  NO wrapping!!!  No rings which could be a safety issue. 

I purposely set out to find a carrier that was super quick to get in and out of and that was light weight.  The Ktan had one of the highest ratings.  I no longer use the Moby and I actually wish I had kept the gift receipt. 

Good luck!!!

a href="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Trying to Conceive" img src="http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt13d3b9.aspx" alt=" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker" border="0" / a
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"