June 2012 Moms

Exchanging diaper sizes

I just had my sprinkle yesterday and by some total fluke EVERY SINGLE PERSON got me Size 1.   I didn't get a single pack of newborns or Size 2s.  Unfortunately, DD was only in Size 1s for 2-3 weeks, so I don't think I need nearly this many (like over 700 - LOL).  I wanted to go swap them, but I have no idea where they each came from and have no receipts. 

Where have you had the best luck exchanging for other sizes -  BRU, Target, supermarkets?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Exchanging diaper sizes

• Ha ha.  I could have written this post, because I too got almost 700 size 1 diapers.  What a blessing, but not sure how long she will be in size ones.  Surely I will need some newborns right? 

Thanks for posting, I will be interested in everyones response.

• i had the same thing happen to me. I exchanged them at walmart. they did make me run to the back of the store to get the right size in order to do the exchange. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I haven't tried exchanging diapers, but knowing Target's return policy I wouldn't go there--without a receipt they limit the number of returns you can do within a set period (and I think they limit the $ amount too). Is there anyone you can get receipts from to exchange for a different size? If it were a friend of mine that ended up with so many of one size I would have no problem giving them the receipt--if I had kept it of course!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 4.18.11 (EDD 12.25.11) Incomplete miscarriage 5.9 D&C 5.10.11

BFP #2 10.12.11 (EDD 06.18.12) Baby boy born 6.13.12 It's Chart-tastic

• image MrsDizzyku:
    I haven't tried exchanging diapers, but knowing Target's return policy I wouldn't go there--without a receipt they limit the number of returns you can do within a set period (and I think they limit the $ amount too). Is there anyone you can get receipts from to exchange for a different size? If it were a friend of mine that ended up with so many of one size I would have no problem giving them the receipt--if I had kept it of course!

I think it's the last part that may be the problem.  I don't know about everyone else, but I usually just pick up the diapers for showers at the supermarket as part of my usual shopping.  I had one friend offer her receipt.   I also suspect a few of the other new Moms may have used an unused pack from their stashes.  I'll see how it goes at BRU and then work my way down the list of stores.

• I haven't done it, but I would say Wal Mart. If they sell it, they'll exchange it.
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have had the best luck at Publix. I go back one pack at a time and totally blame it on my husband saying he just grabbed the wrong size. They don't seem to care. They rotate who works at customer service too. They never scan the packages they just swap them out for me.  I'd also try to go to wal-mart with some of them. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Walmart,frys really anyplace as long as their not open. Your exchanging not returning
  • image MrsL1022:
    I have had the best luck at Publix. I go back one pack at a time and totally blame it on my husband saying he just grabbed the wrong size. They don't seem to care. They rotate who works at customer service too. They never scan the packages they just swap them out for me.  I'd also try to go to wal-mart with some of them. 

Funny DH actually did buy the wrong size at Publix.  He exchanged it and they didn't even re-ring him to get their inventory right.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards