June 2012 Moms
Options

Hemorrhoids? Accupuncture?

I have terrible hemorrhoids, I've taken suggestions and been to the doctor.  My doctor prescribed Anusol suppositories which haven't seemed to help much. I've tried Preparation H, hydrocortizone cream, sitz bath, Tucks pads...you name it, I've tried it.  I just started bleeding from the hemorrhoids.  I want to know if anyone has done acupuncture during pregnancy for hemorrhoids or anything else? Did it help? I'm in tears at least once and day due to pain and I'm 34 weeks!

Re: Hemorrhoids? Accupuncture?

• Options
    I've heard that if you freeze a pad... that it can help not sure about the acupuncture... 
  • Options

Mine are not too bad, but I have been applying Tender Tush from Young Living essentials along with Tucks every day and they seem to get better.

I don't know about acupuncture...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not sure about this, but I am seeing my acupuncturist next Tuesday and I am happy to ask her for you.  If you PM me, I will let you know what she says.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I currently have an ice pack between my cheeks. I don't know if it will help, but here's hoping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm a FTM and have 3 HUGE ones from the first tri and being so constipated/dehydrated (I had hyperemesis, home hydration, reglan pump, etc.) Sorry if TMI, but I feel ya. Thankfully, they aren't bleeding yet.

I soaked cotton balls in witch hazel and put them in the freezer. They seem to help with the swelling and pain. It's not the most comfy thing and makes you pucker pretty good when you first put it in on them, but it helps. :)

I'm terrified to see what happens to that region after a vaginal birth.. I've heard they get worse... if thats possible! I'm already looking into treatments, the least invasive is laser therapy, which apparently works pretty well....

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I tried this today...It worked for a short period of time, but it was instant relief! Thanks!
  • Options
    I was prescribed "proctofoam" ..... None of the over the counter stuff worked (and I was in tears)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"