Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

room temperature urine to test?

I searched to see if this has been asked before recently and didn't see it, so forgive me if I'm repeating a common question!

I just got some of the HPT strips online, and the instructions say to wait until urine reaches room temperature before testing. Have you ever seen this in instructions? And do you think it makes much difference whether you wait or not? And if you do wait, how long do you wait? TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

Re: room temperature urine to test?

• Options
    Whaaaaat? What kind of tests are they?

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I asked this about OPKs a few months ago and was told fresh, steaming urine is okay to use for both OPKs and HPTs. :) I think everyone decided that room temperature is the coolest it should be?don't refrigerate it to save for testing later.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I vaguely recall seeing that on some kind of Wondfo-like test at some point. I just ignored that part and tested. "Room temperature" is rather vague, anyway. I mean, what if you're in the middle of a heat wave and your A/C is out? Then maybe room temp is 98.6 or even higher - what are you supposed to do then, heat it in the microwave?

Seriously, though, just test.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I usually try to follow instructions but i wasn't about to sit in the bathroom sticking my finger in a cup of pee until I thought it was "cool" enough haha. Plus, I'm just not that patient.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Options
    My OPKs said this as well. I pretty much ignored the instructions because they sounded silly.
  • Options
    jle625jle625 member

imageCiderWench:
    I asked this about OPKs a few months ago and was told fresh, steaming urine is okay to use for both OPKs and HPTs. :) I think everyone decided that room temperature is the coolest it should be?don't refrigerate it to save for testing later.

This made me laugh for some reason.

I just don't understand why you would store your pee in the fridge? The only thing I can come up with is FMU and you don't have a HPT available?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yea....I was wondering why anyone would refrigerate pee as well. Not really sure what that would do...
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageDC2London:
    imagejle625:

imageCiderWench:

I just don't understand why you would store your pee in the fridge? The only thing I can come up with is FMU and you don't have a HPT available?

Yes, one could refrigerate one's pee if they want to use FMU and run out to the store after work for an HPT.  Or if they want to wait to test when their H comes home the next day from that business trip to Thailand.  The hcg in your urine breaks down over time and refrigerating the urine supposedly slows the process.  *shrug*  I usually just pee on the damn stick. 

I was wondering if you can do that! I just got OPKS from amazon and the directions say to dip the test. Does it really matter? I'm going to be testing in the afternoon at work (small family office, mostly just my MIL and I working hereConfused) and didn't want to be obvious about testing. Does it make a difference?

• Options
    imageNinaBeana87:
    imageDC2London:
    imagejle625:

imageCiderWench:

Yes, one could refrigerate one's pee if they want to use FMU and run out to the store after work for an HPT.  Or if they want to wait to test when their H comes home the next day from that business trip to Thailand.  The hcg in your urine breaks down over time and refrigerating the urine supposedly slows the process.  *shrug*  I usually just pee on the damn stick. 

I was wondering if you can do that! I just got OPKS from amazon and the directions say to dip the test. Does it really matter? I'm going to be testing in the afternoon at work (small family office, mostly just my MIL and I working hereConfused) and didn't want to be obvious about testing. Does it make a difference?

I don't know what kind of OPKs you have, but I wouldn't try to pee on a Wondfo. My aim's not good enough and I'm sure I'd hit above the max line. I just PIAC, dip it, dump the pee down the toilet, and it's done. If you've got a supply of Dixie cups you can just toss them. I can't imagine that that would be particularly obvious. Just remember to take your OPKs off the counter...

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    imagekelly321:
    imageNinaBeana87:
    imageDC2London:
    imagejle625:

imageCiderWench:

I don't know what kind of OPKs you have, but I wouldn't try to pee on a Wondfo. My aim's not good enough and I'm sure I'd hit above the max line. I just PIAC, dip it, dump the pee down the toilet, and it's done. If you've got a supply of Dixie cups you can just toss them. I can't imagine that that would be particularly obvious. Just remember to take your OPKs off the counter...

made me LOL ...that is something I would so do. We use the shower for storage so I could throw some dixie cups in there. I can just see her bringing the test to me and asking "what's this??"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"