3rd Trimester

Help. Please from only those of you who have been there.

I am 28 weeks.  I have gained nearly 40 pregnancy pounds already.  But thats not the worst of it.  I gained 11 lbs in three weeks.  I am determined to only gain 10 more lbs before baby is born, which is about 3 lbs a month.  For those of you who have gotten their weight gain in check, please help me with some ideas.  I already eat a lot of fruits and veggies.  I walk and do yoga, only 2-3 times a week for a half hour.  I avoid sugar, carbs, and fats as often as possible, I could probably do a little better though.  My doc says my weight gain is probably hormonal.  I have not had any complications what so ever since pregnant, passed my glucose test and everything.  This is just crazy!

PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help. Please from only those of you who have been there.

• How's your salt intake?  I realized after I had DS (retrospect is such a bittersweet phenomenon, isn't it?) that a HUGE amount of what I had gained during his pregnancy was water weight.  I've cut my salt intake significantly this time around (no giving in to cravings for potato chips, french fries, etc) and my weight gain has been MUCH better.  If you haven't already, try cutting out as much salt as you can and see if that makes a difference.  If that's the problem, not only will your gaining slow down from here on out, but you'll probably lose a few lbs in water weight by your next appt!  GL!

• I gained most of my weight in the second tri. In the third tri my weght has tapperd off, but I am still gaining weight, but most of mine is due to swelling.

Do you have swelling, that could attribute to it, and some women jsut gain more than others, and sadly there isn't much you can do (especially if you want to have a a healthy baby).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Right about where you are now (28 weeks) is also when I packed on the lbs. It seems that's a HUGE growth spurt time for these little ones, so don't be too hard on yourself. As for what PP said about water weight, that could be a big part of it too. I have started drinking lemon water (there was a post about this a few days ago), lemon is a diuretic and will keep the swelling down. I haven't started swelling yet (with DD, it was about this time that I did), so maybe it's helping...who knows?

Anyway, your weight gain will slow down towards the end. Your stomach will be so squished that you just won't be able to eat much. Keep up the exercise and keep eating healthy and you'll be just fine. I think you'll be surprised at how quickly the weight drops off afterwards. The last 10-15 lbs will be the hardest to take off, and that will just take time!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My pre-pregnancy weight was always between 112-115lbs, I now weigh 160lbs. My OB sais I am totally fine.

Your body will gain the right amount for your body and most importantly,your baby. It is much better to gain weight than to be underweight. Trust your body...

utm_source=girl&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badgesimage
  • I was worried about my weight gain, so I started using My Fitness Pal (it's online and there's a phone app) to track my exercise and food intake.  I just set my goal as wanting to gain 1/2 lb per week.  It's really helped me pay attention to what I'm eating and make sure I'm getting all the calcium/protein/nutrients I'm supposed to each day.  I think making sure I'm balanced and tracking my water has really helped me stay in control of my hunger and my weight gain. 

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6".
    BabyFruit Ticker

May Siggy Challenge Favorite vacation spot - HAWAII
  • I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Maybe try cutting back on fruits that have high carb and sugar amounts in them...it sounds like you are doing good, though, by avoiding carbs and getting some exercise in! 
    Isla 2
  • I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with everything
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with everything (mine
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with everything (mine is)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with everything (mine is) than
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with everything (mine is) than worry about it
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with everything (mine is) than worry
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with everything (mine is) than worry about
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with everything (mine is) than worry about it after
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with everything (mine is) than worry about it after the
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with everything (mine is) than worry about it after the abby
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with you, I just have no suggestions. I was very frustrated when I was were you are now. I even gave up all my bad eating habits for lent but that didn't help at all. So I just gave up and stopped stressing about it, I will deal with it later. The sad thing is everyone tells me I am all baby, how can I possible have a 50 pound baby people. Oh and to top things off I almost weigh as much as DH who is 5'6". Hang in there and as long as the doctor is ok with everything (mine is) than worry about it after the baby is
    BabyFruit Ticker