Birth Stories

My birth story 2010 January

My due date with my first was December 25th 2009. Did not happen! My brother came home as he is in the air force(canada) i hoped my son would come when he was here..he did not! waited and waited. I was to be induced on Jan 4th. Ultrasound Jan 3rd. Back labour started when I was on my way to the ob at the hospital for the u/s at around 630 pm. went home around 8 and had a bath to see if it would take the pain away. It did not. Called my doula and my mom for them to come in as im sure i was in labour..15 mins later my water broke. Mind you ill add my moms birthday is January 4th so it may just be a good birthday present for her!! We all head to the hospital at 12 as my contractions were coming in at 5 mins apart..plus my water broke..got checked in and checked and i was 2 cms in 5.5 hours...not promising..it all slowed down after that...walked around all night (sons fathers family was there too) took a jacuzzi bath...silly nurse made it too hot and my sons heart rate lowered too much...i decided to get pitocin to make the labour go faster at around 8am..i was only 3cms in 8 hours...after a couple hours with pitocin i decided to get the epidural...was given a pain relieve as the epi person was delayed..had bit of a nap the epidural was strange had to poke me twice...finally at 4 i was 8cms. at 5 i was ready to push...it was a busy night at the hospital so the doctor took along time to come..half the time the nurse was holding him in waiting..my son Brayden Austen was born January 4th 2010 at 5:58pm at 7lbs 12oz. My mother cut the cord for her birthday present and she loved it (father didnt have the stomach for it) He was the most beautiful baby boy ive ever seen, when he came out he had his arms spread eagled almost seeming like saying "I'm Here". I am having my 2nd and I hope it goes faster then 23.5 hours!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My birth story 2010 January

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"