Pre-School

"But so & so does it..."

My daughter's almost 4 and she likes to throw this in my face as of recently about EVERYTHING. It is driving me crazy, and so now she has decided to do all of these things that she has never done before because "so & so does it". After talking with her teachers, I found out that this girl is a problem in the classroom and has decided to hook herself to my daughter and try to have her cause problems and get in trouble.

Anybody else have problems with this - how are you dealing with it?

Anniversary

Re: "But so & so does it..."

• "That's not something we do in our family." Works like a charm.
    My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
  • image livinitup:
    "That's not something we do in our family." Works like a charm.

Yep, I agree. A firm, "We do not act like that." usually works great. If it is something that is more like a treat they aren't getting, we review our rules or activities or whatever that she does get. Like: "Lila has a lolly pop." Me: "Well Lila must be enjoying that treat. She must have been an extra good girl, or did you enjoy your cookie yesterday?"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I cant really relate or offer advice, but I did have my first run in with this last week.

DS had been asking to take yogurt for school snack for a while now, but I always insisted it was too messy (potentially). But last week DS said, "so and so takes yogurt. I want yogurt like so and so", so I caved and sent him with a yogurt. Sure enough, I picked him up to find out that his yogurt exploded in his backpack :( .

Not a big deal, to be sure, but I felt like I learned my first 'peer pressure' lesson.  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image livinitup:
    "That's not something we do in our family." Works like a charm.

I second this.  That is also how I deal with issues when my kids see someone else doing something (like climbing up a slide on the playground) and I don't want my kids to do it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)